Shortcut Overlay & Pop-up blocker problems w/SP2?

Mark_Venture

I have created am Unattended CD Slipstreamed with SP2 per the guide here, and also inclued RyanVM's Windows XP SP2 Update Pack. The install went fine. No errors, everything seems to be there.

Now I seem to have a couple of problems with Windows....

1. The overlay for short cuts is missing. i.e. no little arrow in the lower left corner of the Icon indicating its a short cut. Using TweakUI 2.1 (supposed to work for XP SP1 and higher), No matter what I select as an option, the icons that are shortcuts do not change.

2. Even with IE's built in pop-up blocker disabled, it blocks pop-ups. Since one of the sites I use does use pop-ups for things, I can see they are blocked and a I hear a sound play. I have gone in and made sure the pop-up blocker in IE is disabled. I even tried enabling it and allowing pop-ups from that site, still doesn't work.

Any suggestions on what be the problem or how to fix?

Ok, found a way around the problem I thought is related to the pop-up blocker...

Click on the "Tools" menu

Select "Internet Options"

Click on "Security" tab

Click on "Custom Level"

Find the setting that says "Automatic Prompting for File Downloads" and uncheck it or Enable it, depending on your browser version

Apply changes and Hit OK

because of this, I guess its not the pop-up blocker doing it, but rather different IE security settings vs XP w/SP1??