MCE 2005 and PxShare.exe

BuhBompus

Almost immediately after being asked to Insert CD2 (which contains the MCE 2005 files) I get an error that says

"PxShare.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on

OK to terminate the application."

It then does NOT install ANY of the MCE 2005 stuff, asks to insert the CD1 again and continues just like normal Windows XP SP2 Pro :(

I am baffled. Could this be because of a patched uxtheme.dll .. I know some people have linked the problem to trying to upgrade a current XP Pro installation but I am trying a clean install with nLite + MCE 2005.

Lets figure this one out guys!!!

• 1 year later...

I have run into this same problem with my unattended installs (made using nlite, which roxx btw). From what i can gather about the problem (which is not much, despite it's consistent circumstance it seems very obscure) it looks like it comes about when the dotnetfx folder is modified, .net framework is removed, or the mediactr folder is modified or removed. in other words, the second CD, which essentially contains the components that differentiate win xp pro from win xp media center, is the one causing the problem. this is why the problem is usually associated with xp pro to MCE upgrades. I'm going to try again with a new unannatended install WITHOUT modifying anything from CD2 and ill see what happens. I'm also going to sacrifice a live goat at the full moon and see if that fixes the problem, because with MSFT software you never know.