"Optimize" ISO limitation

Incroyable HULK

@prathapml

I know we are not in the good forum section but I noticed that you seems to have a lot of driver files... do you use a compression method? If so, wich one?

I want to introduce this feature BUT I want something simple, easy to maintain and I don't want to use 3rd party utilities (I like to keep control and understand the whole process).

Just compress your drivers folder (into a 7-Zip SFX archive), then take a look at this topic:

link 1 (this one has detailed description) (yes, it is using 7-zip which is a 3rd-party utility, but its freeware so it is okay)

link 2 (this topic was the one where the idea was first proposed)

If you have any questions about that method, of course don't post in this (optimize ISO) thread about it. :) [When in doubt, try searching thru my old posts ;) ]

WoW! I went to the page you linked at that's exactly what I wanted!!!

Of course I don't mind using an application to compress... what I meant was using a 3rd party utility to integrate, automate or slipstream the drivers in my windows distribution...

I'll ask some questions about this method in the other section of the forum... I swear I used the search function and i've never seen that post

i use cdimagegui and have no problems with isos greater than 4GB, most they are 4,4 GB and works fine - the source folder is 32GB and sometimes i must reduce some of the stuff, if it its more. I use options h n b o m and it works fine.