army20

Do you smoke  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but planing to quit
    • No and I hate smokers

@eleventhcmd - First week or two are the hardest, so you are over the hump. From here on out the hardest thing will be that occasional craving for a smoke. If you can stand up to that, you have it made. Congrats.

DL

To complain about health risks from second hand smoke outside is just silly. eating twinkes, drinking coka-cola, not exercising, car emissions, and many other things are probably far worse than second hand smoke outside.

The difference here, probably, is that the person who CHOOSES to eat junk-food, drink coca-cola, not exercise, etc., has taken the decision himself, consciously, and owns responsibility for it.

Whereas breathing second hand smoke, does not fall in that category, since the individual did not suddenly decide that for some strange reason, today he wants to breathe the smoke of somebody else. :P

To complain about health risks from second hand smoke outside is just silly. eating twinkes, drinking coka-cola, not exercising, car emissions, and many other things are probably far worse than second hand smoke outside.

The difference here, probably, is that the person who CHOOSES to eat junk-food, drink coca-cola, not exercise, etc., has taken the decision himself, consciously, and owns responsibility for it.

Whereas breathing second hand smoke, does not fall in that category, since the individual did not suddenly decide that for some strange reason, today he wants to breathe the smoke of somebody else. :P

Not to mention that you can undo the effects of twinkies, coca-cola, and not exercising. Smoking is permanent. The tar and soot that's in your lungs now is there forever.

As for car emissions, it's not as big of a deal because the level of unburnt hydrocarbons in most vehicles is FAR less than you'd get from standing next to someone who's smoking. That along with the 2000 other chemicals that you breathe in from second hand smoke that you don't get from car exhaust.... :whistle:

I really don't see a reason for smoking. It's unhealthy (proven many times over), and its expensive. The whole point about it being "relieving", that comes purely from the fact that when people get stressed, their bodies begin to filter out more nicotine from the bloodstream, causing the person to have a craving. It's a vicious cycle that I'm proud to say that I've never got into.

Anyhow, I decided right then and there that ... I would have to stick with her for the steady sex -- all the while feining love. Even IF she might be catching a few shots from her exboyfriends on the side, I would still get mine.

ROFLMAO! :thumbup

Occasional smoker, don't buy my own but when hanging out with smokers and if they ask you want one, I'll say sure.

Unlike some posters who said they wouldn't date a hot chick if she's a smoker . . . that is most certainly not an issue with me. :yes:

I dont personally smoke, but I am in college and every other person in my classes does smoke, I don't have nothing against it because it is personal choice at the end of the day, I don't like it when smoke is blown into my face though on purpose by people but being in a pub with people smoking does not bother me.

I smoke but I hate the fact that I do. It's been an on and off relationship since I was 14 with the longest period of smoking lasting 2 full years without quitting....the last two years in fact. The last time I started I had been smoke free for over 5 years. I had only been smoking for 4 months when i quit that time. I found out I was pregnant and didn't smoke again until some jackoff roomate kept smoking in the house and made everything smell like it again. That and he stressed me the hell out with his bul***** and failure to pay rent.

I've found that the key to quitting is to completely get the smell out of everything and then get a nice case of bronchitis so you can't smoke. Just smoke a ton of cheap cigarettes around other smokers during cold and flu season. Personally I can't smoke when suffering from a respiratory infection. If you can go two weeks without doing it and de-stink your enviroment the smell becomes so revolting you wonder how the hell you ever smoked in the first place.

Thats my method for quitting...that or simply getting a new boyfriend... Being a total hypocrite I won't date men who smoke and choosing between smoking or other more pleasureable activities is easy.

So if there are any good men in the San Diego CA area that are, or will be single on or around April 5th I promised my son I'd quit for his birthday.

• 3 weeks later...