army20

Do you smoke  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but planing to quit
    • No and I hate smokers

I grew up in the days of the Marlboro Man and my parents and their friends smoked. At least twenty cumulative years of smoking. Half of it one pack a day, the other 2 packs a day. Started when I was about 11 years old at 1 or 2 a day. Quit at 15 and started again at 21. Smoking is bad for you, it's a nasty habit, it makes everything smell, even I can taste it on someone I kiss and I don't like it even though I smoke, I don't like second hand smoke drifting into my face, I don't like the smell of a dirty ashtray, etc..... I also don't like some snot getting in my face and talking at me about my smoking when it isn't bothering them at all or they get in my airspace. I smoke outside, because I don't think anyone should have to breath my smoke also. I have friends who don't smoke and know I am a heavy smoker and if we are in their vehicle (some of them anyway) they have given me permision to smoke in their car, which I don't do. I figure it's going to make their car, clothes and bodies smell and someday, I might not smoke and I don't think I will want someone smoking in my car.

Smoking costs. Yeah, it's about money alright. Do the math on cost of smokes, taxes, 'cost of smokers' to public and private healthcare and the taxes come out way on top by a long shot. I wonder where the extra money is going? If we are going to tax smoking because of health costs, then let's have a 'fat tax' to cover those health costs (in the USA, it is very costly). But I guess that wouldn't be politically correct.

If you don't smoke now and start in the future, someone ought to smack you around. It is stupid. But like XPero, I like smoking.

i dont smoke, and i really dislike the smell. its jsut another problem for teens. i was walking home from school, and another girl my age was smoking on her way to school. something has to be done about it. even some of the public french school is quebec have designated spaces to smoke!!! you guys should see all the people smoking at the hockey arena here, they all pack into there and start smoking. quite disctusting if you ask me.

I smoke, and have smoked for about 10 years now. I also smoke bud, and have smoked that for just as long. They have both destroyed my lungs and I plan on quiting smoking cigarettes. As for bud, that actually does something for me, unlike cigarettes.

And just for you people that just dont know, yes they are very addicting, and have heard it is harder to quit cigarettes than any other addiction known to man. So just remember when you get irritated about someone smoking around you, they might be very addicted and dont have a choice if they want to smoke or not, just like you dont have a choice about paying taxes.

I smoked for about 25 years, then I just stopped a year ago.

Now i cant believe it when I smell people who smoke or if Ive been out in bars when I get home I need to take a shower and throw my clothes straight in the washer the smell is disgusting. I also dont like people smoking near me anymore but I dont create I just put up with it - nothing worse than a rehabilitated smoker who starts preaching - lol!! I dont allow people to smoke in my house either, even when I did smoke that wasnt allowed even by myself!

• 5 weeks later...

Very sorry to hear that. I tried smoking when I was 14 (5 years ago) and quit before it got out of hand. I don't hate people who smoke, I hate that they smoke. I can't stand the smell of it. If I walk by someone smoking, I hold my breath until I'm passed them a little ways. I find it repulsive and unattractive. I can't begin to comprehend how a non-smoker could possibly enjoy kissing a smoker. I had a fling with a girl a few years ago who smoked. She invited me over and down into her basement. I went to kiss her and could smell it on her breath and barely gave her an actual kiss (didn't even open my mouth) and asked her if she thought I was a good kisser. I knew she wasn't being truthful when she said "You're pretty good". I just wanted to see what she'd say, lol. How disgusting...

I'm proud of all of you who don't!

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to say that I'm involved with a group who is fighting to ban the sale of any cooked food in public places. We would appreciate your support. Under our proposed ban, only raw vegetables will be allowed to be served in any public venues.

You see, when food is cooked most of the same carcinogens that are in cigarette smoke are released into the atmosphere, and at a much higher rate than burning cigarettes. This is a public health hazard and service industry workers need to be protected.

Along with this, the smell of many cooked meats and foods are repulsive. Have you ever had to sit next to somoene in a restaurant that orders fish? The smell of fish makes me gag, and when I leave the restaurant, my clothes reek of fish all night and it makes me sick. Also, if somone near me in a restaurant orders cooked asparagus or brussels sprouts, I can barley eat my meal. The smell is completely disgusting to me.

The mercury levels in fish, trans-fatty acids produced in the frying of meats etc. pose a great health risk. If you want to kill yourself by consuming these foods, go right ahead and do it in the privacy of your own home. But please don't force me to inhale the exhaust of hot gas-ranges in restaurants if I'm trying to enjoy my meal in a public place! Keep your disgusting habits to yourself please.

I hate smoking. I tried once when I was 14 and it lasted for a few days but I stopped before things got worse for me. That was 6 years ago. I'm glad both my girlfriend and I don't smoke. We can't stand when people smoke and hate that they smoke. It destroys your life. It takes away your money and your health. All those harmful substances going into your body, :puke::angry: