Unattended Installations (As always =] )

poopster

Ok, Program one:

Limewire

I set up limewire doing the installsheild setup with the -R and then copying the setup.iss to the installation folder and running it with -s. Everything works fine exsept that it still comes up with the screen asking me if i want limewire to start up automaticly. once i answer this one screen it then continues silently and installs. I was wondering if there was a way to avoid this with a switch.

Program two:

Norton 2003 Proffesional

I have a downlaoded version Norton 2003 pro that is only a .exe file. it installs from this one file. I was wonderin if there was a switch for it for an unattended install switch.

Program three:

DVDXCOPY

DVDXCOPY uses Nullsoft Install. How can I silently install this?

Thanks for the help.

http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.html#nsis

NSIS installers recognize /S for silent installation, /NCRC to suppress the CRC (verification) step, and /D=dir to specify the "output directory", which is where the program will be installed. These options are case-sensitive, so be sure to type them in upper case.

Incidentally, all /S does is change the installer script's SilentInstall attribute from "normal" to "silent". What effect this has, exactly, depends on the person who wrote the script. If /S does not perform a silent install, consider submitting a bug report to the installer's creator

Ok, tried the /S and /NCRS command for the DVDXCOPY but i still get a prompt to enter the language to install. Then after i select the language and hit next it continues the installation of the program for DVDXCOPY.

However, it then proceeds to the DVDXRESCUE installation. This installation is part of the bundle that comes with it.

1. I is there a way i can avoid this installation all togeather. (A switch for the setting by chance?)

2. Is there a way i can set a second set of switches to continue with this installation.

P.S. To clarify, after you install DVDXCOPY it automaticly opens up an installation for DVDXRESCUE.