imp & Gr8 Help Needed !PLZ LOOK IN

hi guys..

i'm new to this forum ..

ok in short,

i've just finished mcse and have joined in a network consulting company, their client want to upgrade their nt,2000 computers to xp.. my part of the project is to upgrade the about 1000 user workstations to xp. As i'm not well versed with these remote installations I REQUEST U GUYS TO HELP ME OUT IN THIS ASPECT.

things i really require:

1. B4 INSTALLING XP I WANT A TOOL TO CHECK THEIR APPLICATION COMPATIBILITY OF XP IN ALL THE WORK STATIONS -

2.A TOOL TO BACK UP USERDATA LIKE HIS DESKTOP SETTINGS, FOLDER AND FILES TO A REMOTE SERVER AND RESTORING WHEN XP IS INSTALLED.

3. A STEP BY STEP GUIDE - "HOW TO INSTALL XP (AND APPLICATIONS) IN A LARGE NETWORK".

PLEASE kindly help me in this important work of mine.

Thanks in advance for all the topic Viewers and helpers in advance.

Ram.

& your sposed 2 be a network consultant? :wacko::no:

1) XP has this built in, put your xp cd in, choose application compatability, or something like that (its on the autorun menu)

2) i think if u search the forums this was discussed

3) http://unattended.msfn.org u should be able 2 get alot of the installation help there for your needs

im not trying 2 flame u , but

like kenedy said.. if u dont know what 2 do , instead of testing your skills on 1000s pcs & have it all bsod, u should either sit aside & test extensivly, or learn really quick without thirdparty apps :P

MCT & kenedy,

i get ur point. i've already sit down and started to test extensivly. The actual project starts only in jan'05 so i thought i still have one full month to practice deploying. i have done small scale testing of RIS and unattedded (during MCSE) which was not more extensive . but now its a matter of abt 1000 comps and important user data thats wat made me to ask u guys for help to know any efficient way to deploy.

Anyway i have already dowloaded the business desktop deployment and have started to look at them, i was wondering is there any other tool like USMT for user migration.

Ram