[How To]: ATI Catalyst

SiMoNsAyS

TNX for reply SiMoN.

I know that is a package and first it's extracted to %systemdrive%\ATI.

1) Does it really unattended installed after the extraction?

2) Can i delete the %systemdrive%\ATI folder with cleanup.cmd

3) I'm running actually the 4.12 version. Is there any how to save the actual "ATI configuration" (Control Panel/display/parameters/advanced/...) in a .reg file and using it with the 5.1 version?

Again TNX for yr help

coucou

This installation "traditionally" caused many headaches and many of you have asked about it. This will help you to install the catalyst drivers, ATI control panel and an interesting tool for overclockers (radclocker). Just follow this simple steps...

I use RadLinker (included in the Omega drivers) does that do the same thing as RadClocker (e.g. enable you to overclock the memory and core among other less important things)?

I tried to follow the instructions here for the new ATI Catalyst 5.1 drivers and I was in for a surprise. I tested my install via Microsoft Virtual PC and when the whole system was done, the videocard installed as a S3 Trio and my monitor resolution was below the one that I specified in my winnt.sif file. Also the colour resolution was lower too, 8 bit vs. 32 bit that I set in the file. What's going on here?

I tried to follow the instructions here for the new ATI Catalyst 5.1 drivers and I was in for a surprise. I tested my install via Microsoft Virtual PC and when the whole system was done, the videocard installed as a S3 Trio and my monitor resolution was below the one that I specified in my winnt.sif file. Also the colour resolution was lower too, 8 bit vs. 32 bit that I set in the file. What's going on here?

Video drivers will not be installed in Virtual PC!

ufff... i'm a bit late so let's go:

@coucou,

1)after extracting you can use the /k switch

2)yes of course, after windows is loaded and drivers is installed you can execute a cleanup

3)yes, i do it. just apply the propper changes and look for changes on the registry with an application like regshot or regsnap. export the necessary keys and import them during the unattended setup.

@OriginalSinner, radclocker is basically a lite version of radlinker. the only difference is the rightmenu entrie that radlinker creates to execute your programs with customized OC settings.

@Sgt_Strider, the drivers won't install if the hardware is not present. that means that ati drivers won't run on virtual PCs emulating hardware.

ufff... i'm a bit late so let's go:

@coucou,

1)after extracting you can use the /k switch

2)yes of course, after windows is loaded and drivers is installed you can execute a cleanup

3)yes, i do it. just apply the propper changes and look for changes on the registry with an application like regshot or regsnap. export the necessary keys and import them during the unattended setup.

@OriginalSinner, radclocker is basically a lite version of radlinker. the only difference is the rightmenu entrie that radlinker creates to execute your programs with customized OC settings.

@Sgt_Strider, the drivers won't install if the hardware is not present. that means that ati drivers won't run on virtual PCs emulating hardware.

I see, I see. I guess I'll try that on a fresh install to see how it'll end up working.

Proudly I present another tweak LOL

in the CPanel folder, open the INSTALL.INI file and change

[startup];if AskShortCut is set, Control Panel shortcut will created during installation

AskShortCut=1

to

[startup];if AskShortCut is set, Control Panel shortcut will created during installation

AskShortCut=0

And no control panel shortcut will be created! (duh :P )

I use RadLinker (included in the Omega drivers) does that do the same thing as RadClocker (e.g. enable you to overclock the memory and core among other less important things)?

To answer my own question it seems RadClocker is just the overclocking part of RadLinker. Nice, as I don't really care about configuring each game. There are normally enough settings to play around with in the games themselves.

@Sgt_Strider if you used the "/K" switch try the .iss method and viceversa.

also you can try to test the CP setup before burning the cd to be sure that it works.

I'm not sure what is the "K" switch, but I followed the instructions that you provided in the first page. Only the videocard driver got installed. How do I use the .iss method with the control panel? Or you do you mean use the .iss method for both the driver and the control panel? Btw, I didn't install Radclocker because I have no need for it. Thanks.