[Tools] Unattended Programs

Please, could the direct download links be removed from the first post. Author's instructions, descriptions etc. are not being seen by everyone. The threads should be visited by everyone.

Example: currently 20% of people are getting it right, with the program that I offer. The help guide and tools cab files are not being downloaded. That makes the program limited in function.

Thanks.

Please, could the direct download links be removed from the first post. Author's instructions, descriptions etc. are not being seen by everyone. The threads should be visited by everyone.

Example: currently 20% of people are getting it right, with the program that I offer. The help guide and tools cab files are not being downloaded. That makes the program limited in function.

Thanks.

Fixed ;)

This looks like all the info that I will need to get through the first unattended installation. Having some problems and I am slowly progressing (I think), but you don't learn unless you make mistakes. I can't wait to try other methods either. Thanks for putting all these links/resources together in one place for reference!!

Great and helpful collection of tools and newbies like me WILL read but can I make my first post also a WHINGE and ask for all the dross of this thread (like this post) to be zapped so it doesnt get clogged up with 3 pages of crap???

I can tell I'll be reading for 6 weeks before I even START!!!

I believe these should be added to the list as well: ;):D

• WorkStation Renaming Tool - wsname is an utility for renaming workstations. It can be driven from the command line, or from a GUI. Has extensive logging and a lot of options. Download here
  • Compname - dynamically generate and set the computer name. Download here
  • RegVars - utility for scanning registry files (.reg) and replacing any instances of environment variables with their expanded versions. Download here
  • GetCD - get the letter of the first CD-ROM drive in the system. Download GetCD here. For example you can use:
    for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('getcd.exe') do set cdrom=%%a

Shotgun and ankap, check first post - updated! Thanks for the input.

According to MHz, direct links shouldn't be on the first post, but I don't totally agree with your opinion. You're right about the issue that users may not visit the support thread, but I provide a link for it on the same reference so, it's up to them (I think). Also, it's easier for new people to just get the tool from here and then check the support thread, since they are generally a bit croaded and confusing, specially when coders post their new software version on a regular post and not on the first post.

However, I could start a poll to see what users prefer :) Or just keep reading the comments for more opinions.

Thanks,