[Tools] Unattended Programs

Hi all!

This has been requested several times so I finally decided to start a thread which includes the most used tools/guides/files for an Unattended CD. I'm always open to suggestions, additions and so on :)

I'd like Authors to keep me updated with their software, since it's a bit hard to check them all for newer versions.

I would like users to post their opinion about the structure of this post and if it's useful or not.

This thread started as 'Tools' for an Unattended XP CD, but right now it offers a wide varitety of guides/files/tools.

Enjoy your reading !

Note: I'll only add direct download links IF the author doesn't provide a webpage for their tool, since that would take me an enourmous amount of time to update this thread when a new version is out!

Note2: I hope authors don't mind me copying their programs's descriptions. If you do, please leave a reply to remove. Thanks!

Windows XP 32Bit

XPCREATE

Author: GreenMachine

Support: Sub-forum

Purpose:

XPCREATE is a utility program that will combine an original XP distribution and assorted hotfixes and updates to produce an up-to-date XP Distibution CD. XPCREATE allows the user to define custon installations and setup programs, but it's main richness lies in the slipstreaming of most available updates and hotfixes, thus insuring the integrity of both the initial installation, and the physical CD media. Slipstreaming the latest hotfixes and updates is important in avoiding possible vulnurability attacks during the setup phase, and in avoiding the need to re-apply hotfixes after a windows component is added or removed.

When run, XPCREATE connects to an Internet server to obtain a list of hotfixes that must be downloaded for your Windows version. This list will be used to determine which files must be downloaded from the internet, and which files are already present locally. If your language or version does not appear to be supprted, please post a message in the MSFN forums.

The main goals of XPCREATE are:

1. Provide an automated procedure to produce a Windows XP Distribution that, once installed, will require zero updates, either critical or recommended, as shown on the Windows Update Site.
  2. Integrate the service packs, hotfixes and updates as completly as possible into the Windows XP Distribution.
  3. Perform the above two tasks with a minimum of user intervention or file manipulation in order to make Updated XP CD Distributions available to all XP users, regardless of level of expertise.

nLite

Author: nuhi

Purpose:

nLite is a GUI for permanent Windows component removal by your choice. After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines. So that means that with nLite you will be able to have Windows installation cd which on installation doesn't install, or even contain on cd, unwanted components.

Maybe you won't believe it at first but it's not easy to not install what you don't want when it comes to Windows. It involves many setup files to be edited carefully without interfering with basic Windows components.

After some thinking I decided to make generic removal tool with a GUI, for an easy removal in order to run Windows faster and more reliable (I sound like Windows setup). So that means nLite should work on every Windows version.Now it supports Windows 2000, XP and 2003, Longhorn will be added when it's released.

XPize

Author: XPero

Purpose:

XPize is a resources transformation pack for Windows. It replaces most of the non-XP icons, avis and bmps that Microsoft has always overlooked. The installer simply automates the process of replacing resources in critical system files, making your XP's look better. XPize is compatible with Windows XP, 2003 and MCE Editions. XPize also comes with an Updater, which you can use after visiting Windows Update

XPlode

Author: Wraith

Purpose:

XPlode is a tool which aids installation of programs during a Windows 2000, XP or 2003 installation.
It gives the ability to add users to the system, run programs, create shortcuts, modify the registry, and perform file and directory operations, all during a Windows installation.

XPlode uses an XML script and a plugin architecture so you can modify what it does, how it runs, and only include the commands you need to use.

Website | Sub-forum | Screenshots

Windows Installation Helper Utility

Author: BenjaminKalytta

Purpose:

WIHU is an easy to use tool for user account creation and software installation, i.e. it allows the user to select software which should or should not be installed. After selection is finished it runs the desired applications automatically. Automated software installation is by the way the main purpose of WIHU.
And moreover user accounts can be modified/created/deleted as well including their specific settings like placement of the windows system folders like "My pictures" etc. WIHU is generally intended to be used for unattended windows installations.

Hotfix Integrate Tool

Author: IRP

Support: Thread

Purpose:

This tool born with the purpose of integrating hotfixes by the official way. In fact, this tool do the same as the Microsoft installer does, but with one exception; you can integrate hotfixes that are in conflict with others.

With the Microsoft installer (/integrate switch), if you try to integrate a new hotfix that contains the same file or files to patch that a previosly integrated hotfix, the install prompts you that it can't continue, this is by design. Ok, at that point, you can disintegrate the hotfix (with my Hotfix Disintegrate Tool or manually) and integrate the new one, but this only possible if the hotfix is a rollup package or a cumulative patch, but What happen when both hotfixes are necessary?, Do you remenber KB885250 and KB885835?, well here is the solution.

Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

Author: RyanVM

Purpose:

The purpose of this pack is to replace files on the Windows XP install CD (with SP2 integrated) with the updated files from hotfixes issued since the release of Service Pack 2. This pack provides many advantages over other methods of hotfix integration:

* Direct integration means that all hotfixed files are integrated into your CD from the start. No need to worry about your computer being insecure in the time prior to the installation of hotfixes.
   * This pack automatically adds the necessary registry entries Windows Update and qfecheck look for when determining if a hotfix is properly installed.
   * This pack installs the needed Security Catalogs for the hotfixed files so that Windows File Protection recognizes and protects them. (This only applies to hotfixed files)
   * Once extracted into the i386 directory, the Lite pack requires only an extra 0.91MB and the Full pack an extra 1.85MB on the install CD.
   * Natively supported by nLite 0.99.1 and later for automatic integration.

Unattended Codec-Pack

Author: swgreed

Purpose:

Content (19.05.2005)

* DivX Pro 5.2.1 [Decoder]
* XviD 1.1.0 beta 2 [Encoder/Decoder]
* Windows Media 8 [version 8.0.0.371]
* Windows Media 9 VCM [version 9.0.1.369] [Encoder]
* Windows Media 10 [version 10.0.0.3646]
* Cyberlink DVD Decoder [version 6.0.0.1402]
* Elecard MPEG 2 Demultiplexer [version 2.0.84.30429]
* Ligos Indeo XP [version 5.2820.15.58]
* Intel Indeo [version 4.51.16.2]
* Intel Indeo [version 3.24.15.03]
* Intel I.263 [version 2.55.1.16]
* MS MPEG-4 [version 4.1.0.3927] [Encoder]
* On2 VP6 6.4.2.0 [Encoder/Decoder]
* Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 DirectShow decoder [version 1.9.0.311]
* Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec for MSACM [version 3.3.0.44]
* WMA DirectShow Decoder [version 8.0.0.4487]
* VobSub [1.0.1.2] + CPL
* AC3 Filter 1.01a RC5 + CPL
* Ogg Vorbis [version 1.1.0]
* GSpot 2.52 beta 1 build 2004-09-15

[b]Note:[/b] ankap also provides an enhanced MSI version for this pack without the need of batch files and customizable during silent install. To download it, click [url=http://ezshare.de/files-en/235772/Codecs.msi.html]here[/url] and for support, check the Unattended Codec Pack [url=http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=14614]thread[/url]

[size=7][url=http://www.mantrasoftware.net/index.php?a=xpsp2]SFC_OS.DLL Hack for Windows XP SP2 Final[/url][/size]

[b]Author:[/b] RaveRod

[b]Support:[/b] [url=http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=23587]Thread[/url]

[b]Purpose:[/b]

[code]Disable Windows File Protection. Special note for the author: "You DO NOT need the sfcfiles.dll file, found in this thread, to disable WFP. The sfcfiles.dll file only allows you to delete files and folders in the Program Files directory. It doesn't disable WFP."

Windows XP Unattended XP CD SlipStreamer Plus

Author: Mhz

Purpose:

I have created a program that should help some newbie's enter into the unattend cd arena. While it will not do it all. No program can cater for that. This should help to some cause. But anyone's opinion's on improvement are welcome.
This is based for an unattended, user account made, runonceex with regtweaks etc. Example files are generated. It will help as far as I think some will need without going overboard. Give it a try and please give me some feedback.

Link:Download v1.3 Main File

Link:Download v1.3 Tools File

Link:Download v1.3 Guide File

TCPIP.SYS

Author: SiMoNsAyS

Purpose:

Change TCPIP.SYS limitation to 100 connections

Link: Download

Windows Post-Install Wizard

Author: hasi001

Purpose:

Windows Post-Install Wizard (WPI for short) is a hypertext application designed for giving users choice. While Windows XP offers many ways of customizing the setup process out of the box, its major drawback is the lack of being able to select which applications an end user may install. In the past, end users and administrators needed to either download the files manually, or create overly complex scripts that could only be used once. WPI allows you to create one image, which can then be custom configured, and optionally, automated, so that end users can install any applications.
   WPI was designed by Derek McCabe (Whimsy). It was created for end users to have a simplified interface for installing applications, and as a learner’s project for Hypertext applications.

Coolsights2000 developed a new branch of the app, calling it version 3.

Derek and several others maintained the original branch for some time. Then bishooman and gresh announced version 2.7. It was the moment when I began using this cool piece of soft, but I needed some more options and features. So I decided to add new functionality and share it with others ...

kTool

Author: kenedy

Purpose:

AutoIT script for installing/selecting software. Works in GUI/Silent mode
Can work from GuiRunOnce/cmdlines.txt/Detached
Supports restarting (if any of installed software requires restart, PC is restarted and program execution is continued)
Autologon - if restarts are needed it (optionally) asks for currently logged on user password and writes autologon information to registry. Only required number of logons are written. Currently Win2000/XP only.
Separate software list for each Windows version (95/98/NT4/ME/2000/XP)

Link: Download v1.1a

Registry Tweaks, Part 3

Authors: prathapml, glent

Purpose:

Compilation of several registry tweaks, interesting for unattended projects.

Registry Tweakage .Net

Authors: Mike_Wilson

Purpose:

RT.Net contains lots of registry tweaks. The GUI is checkbox/textbox based with 14 sections of tweaks to browse through. When you have selected all the tweaks you want you can click the compile tweaks button and they will be compiled onto the screen for you to view. There is also an option after you have compiled to save the file to your drive. In the new version you have the options to save your selections so you dont have to start from scratch all the time. It is also a standalone exe file and doesnt require installation.

Software Installation Selection

Author: IcemanND

Purpose:

Installs.exe is similar in function to Installs.vbs, though right now is has more options than installs.vbs.
Another difference is that you can run it at anypoint during an unattended install, at least so far in my experience, from runonce, from cmdlines.txt. Since it does not use IE it does not require a user profile like the VBS did.

Link: Download v2.3.15

areSilentInstall

Author: a-dead-trousers

Purpose:

I created a program to get around the problem that you want to use one Windows XP Unattend installation but have a different software configuration for every machine you got. You just have to burn one CD with all different sorts of software and to include areSilentInstall instead of RunOnceExec.bat in the XP CD.

At the end of the XP installation (cmdlines.txt) the program will be started and then you're able to select the path where to search for installation files (install.ini).
You just have to create a installation file for every single program you want to install.

I think the whole program is a kind of XPLode, but much simpler.

Link: Download v1.0

NirCMD

Author: Nirsoft (reported by RogueSpear)

Purpose:

NirCmd is a small command-line utility that allows you to do some useful tasks without displaying any user interface. By running NirCmd with simple command-line option, you can write and delete values and keys in the Registry, write values into INI file, dial to your internet account or connect to a VPN network, restart windows or shut down the computer, create shortcut to a file, change the created/modified date of a file, change your display settings, turn off your monitor, open the door of your CD-ROM drive, and more...

AutoIT

Author: AutoIT

Support: AutoIT Script Collection

Purpose:

AutoIt v3 is an opensource BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI.  It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys).

AutoIt was initially designed for PC "roll out" situations to configure thousands of PCs, but with the arrival of v3 it is also well suited to performing home automation and the scripting of repetitive tasks.

AutoIt can:

*  Provide a general-purpose scripting language
   *  Execute Windows and DOS executables
   *  Simulate keystrokes (supports most keyboard layouts)
   *  Simulate mouse movements and clicks
   *  Move, resize and manipulate windows
   *  Interact directly with "controls" on a window (set/get text from edit controls, check boxes and radio buttons, select items in drop-down lists, etc.)
   *  Work with the clipboard to cut/paste text items
   *  Work with the registry

Rename Start button

Author: gunsmokingman

Purpose:

This can't be considered a tool, but it's a very good guide for those that want to rename the 'Start' button on their Unattended XP CD

Cleanup.cmd Template

Author: gunsmokingman

Purpose:

Cleanup.cmd template, used on the very end of your Unattended XP to the cleaning (shortcuts, files, temporary dirs, etc)

Make your own personalized setup boot screen (and more)

Author: Astalavista

Purpose:

Change the default Winntbbu.dll that comes with your original Windows XP CD. Note that Winntbbu.dll is the dll that's responsible for the setup screen during the installation process. The thread linked on 'Support' has a tutorial create by Astalavista that teaches you how to modify it. Have fun!

Image: 3bcaf_WINNBBU.gif

Note: If you're interested on this kind of mods, be sure to check this lovely thread with completed setup screens, create by MSFN members.

Universal Switch Finder

Author: ZoSTeR

Purpose:

This is a little program that can automatically determine which silent switches can be used with a setup file

Link: Helper.bin

Note: You need Helper.bin from the link above to get Universal Switch Finder to work properly. Thanks BritishBulldog for the warning :)

Hotfixes

Author: Incroyable HULK (compilator)

Purpose:

The following is a complete list of all critical HotFixes (patches) along with download link and switches examples for:
- Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2

Notepad2

Author: flo's software

Support: None

Purpose:

The original Notepad shipped with Windows is probably the handiest program of all times, small, fast, without frills! Notepad2 tries to follow this principle, it's a small, fast and free text editor with syntax highlighting for HTML and other common languages.

RunOnceEx.cmd Creator

Author: eagle00789

Purpose:

Easier way to create your own RunOnceEx.cmd if you're new to unattended installs. Also includes some default lines for well-known programs.

UnattendedXP

Author: maxXPsoft

Support: Thread (MSFN)

Support: Thread (maxxpsoft)

Purpose:

Unattended XP Pro or Home CD Creator with SP2 /Integrate if needed
This is a very simple application that creates all the necessary file's for you to create your own backup XP CD.

This app saves copies your files and saves locations. It will do everything in STEPS and copy the files as needed. Saving the Paths if you start over. Processing Hotfixes, Applications, and all the necessary steps to create your own backup XP CD with everything set up on install. No more installing, then spending countless hours setting all your programs up. Put the CD in and go take a shower.

I have added many feature's like:
Automatic splitting of RunoncEX, TEXTMODE, Complete Integrate of Hotfixes or security Updates, Rar/7Zip/Cab of Favorites, Docs and Settings, Compression of $1 Folder at 700 mb, simple FLAG entries to copy Registry settings, Files, or Entire Folder's as RunoncEX executes getting your current settings

RegTweak XP

Author: MSFN (Coded by RaduKing)

Purpose:

The program comes in the form of an installer (msi) and with some sample tweaks loaded by default. Intended for WindowsXP Machines only! if you are running a different Os it would be good to know if it will install on it, however we STRONGLY recommend you do not use it to alter your registry in any way.

The program can be used to build custom Registry tweak files for use on your Unattended CD, Tweaking your own Registry on the fly, or exporting tweaks to single .reg files for whatever use you may have for them.

Link: Download v0.52b

CDswitch

Author: Nanaki

Purpose:

Well, the only CD/DVD-switching utility (I found) on this board didn't seem to do what I needed, so I made myself a new one. I've put it online if anyone else wants to give it a go. By now it's way more advanced than any other CD-tool out there. You can customize it to your own needs. You can also suppress Autorun, launch an app when the correct disk is inserted... It's also possible to run it from cmdlines.txt, just to avoid the question. : ) Since 0.6 you can also detect drives and put them into a variable. Easy for batchfiles.; )

CD Changer

Author: ankap

Purpose:

I've created a utility for changing CDs
It ejects the CD and asks for the second or third CD, checks the label in every CD-ROM, finds out drive letter and if it is the write CD executes a file otherwise ejects and checks again until the write CD is inserted or cancel pressed (pressing cancel executes another file).
It has 3 parameters
1. CD Label to be checked and displayed.
2. Batch file to be executed (must be on the CD as it returns drive letter and command specified in this parameter)
3. Batch file to be executed when cancel pressed.

Changes:
Added more features
Icon changed
Bugs fixed

New features are

1. Used without any switch ejects the CD-DRIVE (if it is run from CD) or ejects all CD-DRIVES (if run from Hard disk) gives a message and waits for changing CD and pressing ok then loads CD and exits.

2. Can be used to silently Eject or Load CD-DRIVE(s).

cdchg.exe open x: (opens CD tray of drive x:)
cdchg.exe close x: (closess CD tray of drive x:)
cdchg.exe open (opens all drives)
cdchg.exe close (closes all drives)

3. Ejects CD waits for changing CD loads and checks the given label for correct disc, gets drive letter, and executes given commands.

cdchg.exe "My Label" \install\runonceex.cmd %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd
(checks for label "My Label" if ok pressed runs "x:\instal\runonceex.cmd x:" if cancel pressed runs "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd")
Note: it returns cd-drive letter to batch file. when used with .exe put -n at the and

cdchg.exe MSOffice "\ms office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=office.mst /qb-" %systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd -n
(checks for label MSOffice, runs setup.exe from Office CD with unattended transforms)

TH2k Win Tweaker

Author: codejunkie

Purpose:

I’m creating a programme with AutoIt3 to import settings into windows on installation, I well post my app later when I have added a few more tweaks and setting at present I have only added 44 commands to the programme, some are complete where as some need to have an undo capability added, If you encounter any problems, such as tweaks not taking affect (EVEN After Restart)

Link: Download v1.004

Link2: Download v1.004 Bundle

CMDow

Author: Commandline

Support: Official Support

Purpose:

Cmdow is a Win32 commandline utility for NT4/2000/XP/2003 that allows windows to be listed, moved, resized, renamed, hidden/unhidden, disabled/enabled, minimized, maximized, restored, activated/inactivated, closed, killed and more.

Cmdow may also be used on autorun CD's (this particular feature will also work on W95/98/ME).

Cmdow is 31kb standalone executable. It does not create any temporary files, nor does it write to the registry. There is no installation procedure, just run it. To completely remove all traces of it from your system, delete it.

Cmdow was written with batch file programmers in mind. Particular attention has been paid to Cmdows output making it easy to process with the 'FOR /F' command found in NT4/2000/XP/2003.

ResEdit

Author: TGTSoft

Purpose:

With ResEdit, skin/logon/shellstyle designers have a simple way to alter alpha mask bitmaps in a resource file. ResEdit auto-converts 32 bit BMPs to PNGs and back so you can edit the 8 bit alpha mask in your favorite editor. Good for LogonUI.EXE files. Also has a text and hex editor.

Now with support for Adding and Deleting Resources. Using the new Resource feature authors can create resource only files that can be used as icon sets or localization dlls. Cursor groups and Icon groups now supported. Using colorize you can color all images in a file, all images of a type, all images in a group, or just a single image. Edit and insert String tables for multiple languages. And the ability to update version info. -- Personal Note: Used frequently to change/'hack' original Windows XP files, such as winntbuu.dll (check the link for personalised bootscreen guide above!)

Multi-Boot Color and Resolution Test

Author: Incroyable HULK

Purpose:

This is an invitation for everyone who wants a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for their Multi-Boot Project.

EasyBoot v5.06.472 will be out soon. This new version as been greatly enhanced for multiple Video Card support (even old ones!).

This invitation is for you to test and report your results with a simple ISO file available HERE. Just download (185Ko), Unzip (14Mo) and Burn!

WorkStation Renaming Tool

Author: David Clarke

Purpose:

wsname is an utility for renaming workstations. It can be driven from the command line, or from a GUI. Has extensive logging and a lot of options.

Compname

Author: Willow Hayes

Purpose:

Compname.exe is a utility to dynamically generate and set the computer name, optionally pulling in data including the asset tag/serial number from the chassis, motherboard and system, System UUID/GUID, mac address, IP address octets, date, hostname determined by reverse DNS lookup, and a random element.

The program also has uses in prestaging RIS installations, as it can read both the GUID and generate a psuedo-GUID from the MAC address if there is no valid GUID.

The program should run fine on all Windows platforms since Windows 95, including Windows NT. If available (i.e 2000, XP, .net) the program will call SetComputerNameExA from kernel32.dll. If this function is not available, it calls SetComputerNameA from the same DLL. This ensures that, for 2000 and above, the DNS host name and the NetBIOS name both get set properly.

Type "compname.exe /?" to get the syntax. It's pretty easy.

Regvars

Purpose:

Regvars.exe is a utility for scanning registry files (.reg) and replacing any instances of environment variables with their expanded versions. For example, if you run a reg file containing %programfiles% through the program, it will replace all instances of %programfiles% with, for example, "c:\program files".

Regvars.exe also has an added "virtual" environment variable called %cd%, which evaluates to the first CD-ROM drive in the system

The syntax is "regvars.exe input.reg output.reg". There is no error checking for the command line parameters and it's pretty rough and ready, but does the job.

NB. Regvars.exe current doesn't accept unicode files. The default for a .reg file is unicode. To overcome this, when saving the input file from regedit, be sure to select the "95/NT regedit4" option from the save dialogue box.

GetCD

Purpose:

Getcd.exe is a utility to get the letter of the first CD-ROM drive in the system. This is useful during the applications phase of a unattended CD-ROM installation, because you don't always know which drive letter the CD-ROM will get. The program simply writes the drive letter (including colon) to the output stream. To insert the drive letter into an environment variable, you can use the following from a batch file:

for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('getcd.exe') do set cdrom=%%a

After running this command, you can refer to the CD-ROM drive using the %cdrom% environment variable. If you're not running the command from a batch file, use replace %% with % in the above command.

For a large list of tools, compiled by Novell, check this website.

MapDrive

Author: mdes

Purpose:

Automatic assignement of new letter to drives without reboot.

How to pre-configure Internet Explorer options

Author: prathapml

Purpose:

Reg file (which gets applied at T-13 stage in the uA setup) for IE6 SP2

StartX

Author: PJ Naughter's

Support: Homepage

Purpose:

Welcome to StartX, A very simple utility to allow you to call the CreateProcess API from the command line.

Places where you might find StartX useful are in adding an Autorun.inf file to your CD-R / CD-RW Discs. For example suppose you have a text file called readme.txt on the root of your CD which you would like to run it automatically by displaying it in Wordpad maximized whenever the user inserts the CD. All you need to do is put StartX.exe, some ico file and the readme.txt files into the root directory and create a autorun.inf file with the following contents:

[autorun]
open=StartX.exe /MAX "wordpad.exe readme.txt"
icon=youricon.ico

The more technically minded of you may say why is there a need to have this program since you can use "start filename" on autorun CD's without any apparent problems. The problem with this approach is that it does not work on NT / 2000 / XP / 2003 Server, "start" is implemented as an "Internal" command in cmd.exe (as opposed to a standard exe on 95/98) with the upshot that your CD's will not autorun on NT Kernels. Using StartX will mean that your CD's will autorun on all OS's which support it.

Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks

Author: Bâshrat the Sneaky

Support: Info Thread

Purpose:

Okay, here's the story: once I was getting my Unattended Windows CD finished, a friend of mine asked if I couldn't make such a cd for him too. Of course he has different hardware, so I had to add the necessary drivers. You also have to know I'm a perfectionist. So I wanted to have my UXPCD just perfect. I started the topic Uniform UXPCD at MSFN.org, asking if it is possible to support all possible hardware.

It seemed this was only possible by manually collecting all drivers... Which is HUGE job... After a while I decided to create DriverPacks myself! First there was DriverPack Sound, which was kind of hard because I had to edit the inf files so it would also install the necessary control panel. I've still not finished this one.

But now I've also created DriverPack LAN. Soon there will follow more of these packs! This pack is alot easier for me (no inf file editing), but at the same time this DriverPack contains much more drivers!
And again another DriverPack is added: DriverPack MassStorage! RyanVM handed over his work to me, because he hadn't the time nor the motivation anymore to continue it. I've taken it over with pleasure and added already several features. The list of controllers supported by this pack is also huge!

WMP10 Complete Slipstream, Slipstream WMP10 and ALL Components

Authors: Bâshrat the Sneaky, Obliviator and Gnome

Support:

Purpose:

Windows Media Player 10 slipstreamer similar to Bâshrat the Sneaky's Slipstreamer but also adds the components not added by the BTS script.

+ MPEG Audio Layer-3
+ DRM Features
+ Portable Media Devices Support
+ Out of Band Component Installer
+ User Mode Driver-related files
+ Additional Encoding and Decoding files
+ WPD Objects?
+ MTP Protocol
+ Additional USB Device Support
+ Online Stores
+ Media Player 10 Skins & Sync Playlists

Driver Compressor

Authors: hp38guser

Support:

Purpose:

It's a batch file with 1-click behaviour to compress all drivers needed by the driver inf. It compresses all drivers Windows uses during Hardware Installation and copies it to a new directory. You can include that driver folder in the $OEM$ driver part of Winnt.sif for your unattended cd. Driver Compressor doesn't touch setup-infs so this method does also work with digitally signed drivers.

Just copy compress.cmd to the driver dir and execute it.
It recognizes driver files, even if they are compressed yet!

All files are copied to a new subdir so don't worry if something goes wrong

Shell Object Editor

Authors: Tropical Technologies

Support:

Purpose:

This program is an editor for shell objects. You can create new shell objects and delete them when you don't need or want them any longer. For safety reasons, it is not possible to delete shell objects that were not created with this editor by default. You have to switch to "expert mode" to delete other shell objects

TClock

Authors: kazubon

Support:

Purpose:

TClock allows you to modify the clock on the taskbar in Windows.

Unattended Audio Player

Authors: Bi0haZarD

Support:

Purpose:

For the past couple days i've made a program that allows the user to listen to music when the Installation of Programs is running. I have tested it on Windows XP Professional and it worked perfectly, i Don't have a Windows XP Home Retail CD to test so i'm not sure about XP Home yet. If your asking why not just have Mplayer2.exe run with the path to the file insted.. of using this program, Mplayer2.exe stops your installation. thus making it pointless.

Windows XP 64Bit

nLite

Author: nuhi

Purpose:

nLite is a GUI for permanent Windows component removal by your choice. After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines. So that means that with nLite you will be able to have Windows installation cd which on installation doesn't install, or even contain on cd, unwanted components.

Maybe you won't believe it at first but it's not easy to not install what you don't want when it comes to Windows. It involves many setup files to be edited carefully without interfering with basic Windows components.

After some thinking I decided to make generic removal tool with a GUI, for an easy removal in order to run Windows faster and more reliable (I sound like Windows setup). So that means nLite should work on every Windows version.Now it supports Windows 2000, XP and 2003, Longhorn will be added when it's released.

Office 2003

Office Shrink

Author: buckeyeXP

Support:Thread

Purpose:

This will shrink the source of Office 2K3, XP, and 2K!

How To 7zip Office 2003 (36MB) - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint

Author: Astalavista

Purpose:

Introduction: I recently became quite interested in 7zip and the advantages of using it
to compress files down to it min.

Here is a guide on how to reduce the size of your office 2003 from 630MB to 36MB

Have fun! :)

Changelog:

Sorry for the late updates, been really busy - also thanks for the positive comments!

Edited by nOBeLium