PowerDown Issue solved-how to implement unattended

hi fellas

i had an issue when windows is shutting down; it was just not powering down.

I did this reg tweak:

:wacko:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"PowerdownAfterShutdown"="1"

which didn't make any difference :angry:

finally i found out how it works here (http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm): :thumbup

POWERDOWN ISSUES

“Powerdown issues” are quite distinctive from “shutdown issues.” I define a shutdown problem as one wherein Windows doesn’t make it at least to the “OK to shut off your computer” screen. If Windows gets that far, or farther, then it has shut down correctly. However, the computer may not powerdown correctly after that. This is a different problem, and I encourage people reporting these issues to make a clear distinction in their labeling.

When Windows XP won’t powerdown automatically, the APM/NT Legacy Power Node may not be enabled. To enable this, right-click on the My Computer icon, click Properties | Hardware | Device Manager | View. Check the box labeled “Show Hidden Devices.” If it’s available on your computer, there will be a red X on the APM/NT Legacy Node. Try enabling it and see if this resolves the powerdown problem (Tip from Terri Stratton). Or, to check the other side of the APM/ACPI coin, open the Power Options applet in Control Panel. If there is an APM tab, make sure the “Enable Advanced Power Management Support” box is checked. (MSKB 313290)

my question is:

how can i implement this or activate this in an unattended installation of winXP, since the installation i am using is from my unattended version.

You can add these to do the first part also

[Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=Reg.Settings

[Reg.Settings]
;Show Detailed Information in Device Manager
HKLM,%Control%\Session Manager\Environment,DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS,0,"1"

;Show All Hidden Devices in Device Manager
HKLM,%Control%\Session Manager\Environment,DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES,0,"1"

[Strings]
Control="SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control"