Make 98SE Space Ship by adding me & xp component

chankya

10 dolla keybords r good enuf,no need to buy a 100 dolla keybord for it's uselss fetures

exactly, ms can get screwed as far as their multimedia keyboard goes....its too big and ugly. a few months ago i bought a new keyboard for my main machine for $12 which is branded 'starkey' and has volume control, internet buttons...etc. dus the job n even comes with one of those wrist things...thats dirt cheap for a keyboard ova here. one thing i will neva buy is a wireless keyboard or mouse...i cant b bothad splurgin on batteries or hangin my mouse in a cradle every time im dun with it...

yea i feel the same way,i hate wireless mice n keyboards cuzz they need batteries and if not careful some1 could hack in and steel my mouse,corded stuff is much better and safer,sides i never use those multimedia keys,i do everything manualy,sides it costs less cuzz cuzz no need for batteries(i have a couple batteries here and there and i rarely use batteries)i know of some1 who has a wireless mouse and he always has problems with it,an older logitech wireless mouse,i use microsoft optical mice(the corded ones)always found them to work in every computer i own,i have a logitech mouse and it's picky with some systems

my friend had/has a wireless logitech keyboard n mouse...he dusnt use em anymore, i wonder y...

wireless networking and all that is something i wouldnt run in the suburbs. even if encrypted. mite have a smartass neighbor who hacks in n downloads stuff with ur bandwidth.

i mainly only use the multimedia keys for volume control. but i use a lot of keyboard shortcuts as well. im not gonna spend double the amount for some ms multimedia crap that cant even do a simple function like ALT+F4.

Guys i even managed to replace most of the media player 10 files using the same method..so basically now i have Windows 98 SE with ME & XP SP2 inside! ;)

And media player 9 with 50% media player of 10 inside! :P

Well i am still heavily testing it

But it is a must that you have read & applied Killer Replacements: ME -> 98 SE before doing this especially the one's about deleting the registry keys & adding xp sp2 functionality. Otherwise you may end up with access denied messages during the copying stage.

Then do the following

1). Download Media player 10. Use WinRAR & extract the contents to a folder of your choice(usually by right clicking the exe).

2). Copy & Paste the following contents to notepad

COPY /Y wmsdmod.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmspdmod.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmadmod.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmadmoe.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y Laprxy.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmspdmoe.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmadmoe.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y L3CODECA.ACM C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y asferror.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y blackbox.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmasf.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmidx.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmdmps.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmdmlog.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmerror.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y WMPCD.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmpui.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmpshell.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y WMPEncEn.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y wmpdxm.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y custsat.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y WMPBAND.dll C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

COPY /Y WMPBAND.dll C:\Progra~1\Window~1

Save the file as COPYWMP10.BAT while choosing "All Files" in the save as type option.

4). Then create a second batch file with the foll contents.

C:

CD\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmsdmod.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmspdmod.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmadmod.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmadmoe.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\Laprxy.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmspdmoe.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmadmoe.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\L3CODECA.ACM

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\asferror.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\blackbox.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmasf.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmidx.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmdmps.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmdmlog.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmerror.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\WMPCD.DLL

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmpui.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmpshell.DLL

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\WMPEncEn.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\wmpdxm.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\custsat.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\Progra~1\Window~1\mpvis.dll

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\SYSTEM\WMPBAND.DLL /ShowWMP /SetShowState

REGSVR32 /S WMPBAND.DLL /ShowWMP /SetShowState

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\Progra~1\Window~1\WMPBAND.DLL /ShowWMP /SetShowState

REGSVR32 /S %windir%\INF\UNREGMP2 /UpdateWMP

Save the file as REGWMP10.BAT while choosing "All Files" in the save as type option.

3). Copy the first batch file 'COPYWMP10' to folder where you have extracted the Media Player 10 Files.

4). Restart to MS-DOS mode & CD to directory where you have extracted the MP10 files & run COPYWMP10.BAT. If you have read the instructions on top everything should go fine.

5). Type EXIT to restart windows & when inside windows run the second batch file REGWMP10.BAT.

6). Finally restart windows one more time. :thumbup

IMPORTANT

These are the few files that i've found to run without any problem. You can replace even more files B) but that requires some registry editing which i am working on. Meanwhile you guys can try out this & pls post your comments.

Hi unosys. Nice to see you went to the effort to post your findings. I didn't try the process you describe (I don't use WMP) but I noticed a couple of minor issues with your batch files that I thought to bring to your attention. First, the paths on lines 24 and 27 of RegWMP10.bat (%windir%\Progra~1\...) look like they need fixing, and, while unlikely to cause problems for most people as given, as a rule it's best to quote any path that includes %windir% or any other variable.

By the way, are you able to play DRM encoded files after making the changes you speak of?

Dear SPACE SHIP lover

TRY THIS LINK FOR ADDING ME&XP COMPONENT WITH BATCH FILE

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=35997

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=36030

THANKS TO THOSE LOVING MEMBER FOR GREAT JOB

and try if anyone can make a slipstrim it to win98se cab file so that installing 98se will make it complete.

MSFN ENJOY !!!

>restarting in msdos mode is tricky

Not at all. Go to Start and choose Shutdown, Restart in MS-DOS mode.

Or press F8 while booting up.

>i don't use 16bit or dos apps now,i have alternatives

Good for you. I use lots of DOS and 16-bit apps.