What is the best Audio Ripping Software

Astalavista

What is the Best Audio Ripping Software?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Audio Ripping Software?

• MusicMatch 9
    • Nero Recode 6.6.1
    • Blaze Media Pro 5.12
    • Easy CD-DA Extractor 7.1.3
    • CDex 1.5
    • Ashampoo Burning Studio 5
    • Audio Converter and Ripper 4.10
    • A1 DVD Audio Ripper 1.1.26

I tried iTunes and I really didn't care much for it. Don't like the interface, don't like the background processes, didn't like the setup either... I'll pass :puke: (oh, and iPod compatibility is only good if you got one of them - and you couldn't possibly sell me one)

I just read through this guide: http://mp3.radified.com/eac_lame.htm

im interested in EAC, does it rip to mp3/wav/ or someother new encoding?

It sounds like I should rip my cds with EAC to wav and then use LAME to encode to mp3?

Can someone with experience describe the optimal process to ripping cds?

I guess im newbish, I used WMP to rip to 192k mp3. lol tia

[EDIT] is there a way to tag a sound file to say how it was ripped?

i usually let eac just rip to wav but u can also have it rip the cd directly to a compressed audio file like mp3. it has an "external encoder" feature letting u choose ANY type of encoder u want (like lame mp3) and encode to ANY compressed format u want.

eac has 4 "modes"

1. "secure"

2. "paranoid"

3. "fast"

4. "burst"

press f10 in eac and u will see these modes. put the mouse curser over the modes and it will tell u a description about each of them. then just choose which mode u want. i think "secure" is the default one.

as for encoding, press f11 in eac and "compression options" will pop up. eac has some compressed formats to choose from under the "waveform" tab. there aren't a lot tho. if u want to use an "external encoder" (an encoder thats not in the "waveform" tab, like lame mp3), go over to the next tab. (first u have to have the lame encoder .exe on ur comp. if u dont, then dl it from here) here u can customize the lame settings u want. i dont use lame so i cant suggest anything :(

as for the tag part, the answer is yes. if ur asking if eac can tag that specific part, then i think the answer is yes (i dled some mp3s and they have the "encoded by....eac (secure mode)" but i dunno how so i cant be much help. i manually tag using my music player foobar2000 and i can add a tag called "rippedby" or wutever and manually put in the info