Mac OS X Bar

SKiTLz

I know theres a few different programs out there.. But I keep seeing peoples screenshots with nice looking mac os x start bars... What program are they using? I dont want the rest of the bloated features of most..

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

My personal favorite GUI extension is AveDesk. It's got great plugins and lets you have everything on your desktop.

I've always found a dock AND taskbar to simply clash. Either one or the other, but not both.

AveDesk also has the nice extension called SysStats, which lets you put system meters on your desktop, as well as callendars, clocks, etc etc (almost anything you want).

Version 1.2 is due out soon! Lots of bug fixes and new features. Probably the biggest feature is ShowCase. By pressing a hotkey (you can assign it), it will fade all your current work and bring the desklets (icons) to the foreground. There you can click them and they'll open. Either hit the hotkey or click on anywhere away from a desklet to return to normal work.

Check it out here.

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot to mention... I've got 8 icons (shortcuts) and a calendar up right now, and it uses a mere 2660K of RAM.