logon question ......

ironman

Hi guys ,

I have 2 users - ( Roy and User ) both of them are administrators and both dont have passwords ... the problem is that each time win boots , i get the users logon screen and i have to choose between Roy and User , i want Roy to logon automaticly .... what is the reg file for this one ?

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just the OPPOSITE question:

I installed Windows 2003 R2 from nLite customised CD, and it had Auto Logon ENABLED. Since it is Win 2003 server, I would like to remove this autologon feature.

BUT there is no Winlogon enttry in Registry, neither is any user in "control userpasswords2" dialog window checked to logon automatically. Any idea where is it set to logon and how to remove automatic logon?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I have just the OPPOSITE question:

I installed Windows 2003 R2 from nLite customised CD, and it had Auto Logon ENABLED. Since it is Win 2003 server, I would like to remove this autologon feature.

BUT there is no Winlogon enttry in Registry, neither is any user in "control userpasswords2" dialog window checked to logon automatically. Any idea where is it set to logon and how to remove automatic logon?

No winlogon in the registry? I doubt it. If so, you have a lot more problems than just this. Have you looked in that exact spot? Try searching the registry for the string "defaultpassword" or something. That's bizzarre. Oh, but do all users on the machine have passwords?! If there's only one user, and they have no password, it might log on automatically.

I really discourage using autologon unless it's a computer that no-one else has physical access to, and you just can't bear to enter your password every time. But it's a bad idea.