Windows NT/2K/XP Admin Password Clearer (LINUX)

rustiferch

Hey everyone!

I have been using a bootable CD for sometime that boots to a basic linux window and enables you to edit the windows registry without accessing windows and also can access the windows SAM file, where the PC's passwords are kept to change and clear passwords.

(Get it here: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html)

Anyway, I can't get it to work in a multiboot cd. I have extracted the boot image and placed the files on the CD in the root of the boot cd, like I should but It gets this error:

ISOLINUX 2.00 2002-10-25 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...

Boot Failed: Press any key to retry...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my setup (using ISOLinux to multiboot). Have a folder in the root called NTOPC. Have another folder in NTOPC called CD030426 (or CD040818 depending on which version you're using). Extract all files from the Passwordchanger ISO there. If you open up the ISOLinux.cfg file in that folder you'll see a part that says "kernel" and a part that says append.

Here's the section from original isolinux.cfg:

kernel vmlinuz
 append initrd=initrd.gz vga=1 ramdisk_size=128000 root=/dev/fd0

All you have to do if you're multibooting w/ ISOLinux is to change the paths the reflect the new location of the files. The entry in my main ISOLinux.cfg file looks like this:

label 12
kernel /ntopc/cd030426/vmlinuz
append initrd=/ntopc/cd030426/initrd.gz vga=1 ramdisk_size=128000 root=/dev/fd0

All I did is tell it where to find vmlinuz and initrd.gz in relation to the root of the disc.

Cheers

Thanks, I found that out by accident. I thought you had to boot but then after trying the load the boot image and extracting it certain ways I found an option I ran under list commands in the shell called ISOLINUX. I ran it in the root where the isolinux.bin file is and obviously it ran.

Pure fluke but it works.

Thanks for your time.

• 5 years later...