biox2003

What is your best consoll ever?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is your best consoll ever?

• Playstation 1,2
    • Dreamcast,Sega...
    • GameCube,nes...
    • Xbox,computer...

I still have my NES, and 2 SNES systems.  Both in excellent working condition.  Hell, I even have the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy.  ;D

Actually, in total I have...  NES, 2 SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, and at one time I had a Gameboy, Gamegear, Sega, SegaCD, and that SNES-Gameboy add-on.

NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, *Sega-GameGear*

All of the systems I still have today... Anything with a * around it does not work anymore...

:)

PC here! mostly bc there is a keyboard!

i don't like the controllers.

yea the games on ps2/xbox are fun and easy to install&play well actually just put cd in and play but i still prefer a mouse and a keyboard, and I like to add stuff to the game, for example I had added my own cars to need for speed 4 and it was so cool :) anyways and sometimes I use trainers and pc has better graphics.. and so on..

but soon xbox & ps2 will have all the functions of pc and then i'll get a console. (my mom sold my ps1 bc i played too much, and played it everywhere a tv existed)

and now with psp all kids life are going to be ruined :P

Xbox, computer?? Those are 2 comepletely different things

/agree

I've never had an Xbox but i like the modding that can be done to the Xbox, Linux, Mod Chip, Bigger Hard drive to hold games and music, etc...

But i prefer the PS2 games over XBox games...

or you can just scrap the Units all together and run an emulator on the computer :P

• 10 months later...

Say what? You're smoking crack, man. PS2 is the *weakest* console of this generation by a MILE in terms of graphics and rendering. Both Gamecube AND Xbox smack that box around like nothing else. What PS2 DOES have going for it is *excellent* 3rd party support that cranks out TONS of great games.

Incidentally, the "32 bit vs 128 bit" has little to no meaning given that most of the graphics rendering is done not by the CPU but by the GPU. Xbox's GPU is a true 128 bit nVidia processor, supposedly equivelent to a high end Geforce3 or low-end Geforce 4. You're claim concerning MS getting around their celeron by "adding some fancy circuitry and memory" is ridiculous at best.

Nice fanboy post, I suppose, but what a complete pile of crap with no basis in reality whatsoever. You go take a look at Splinter Cell on Xbox, then take a look at Splinter Cell on PS2, and then come back and tell us which one is better at graphics and rendering.

Jason

Why is there no Atari here?!?!?! :lol:

I'd have to say that the moment Sony released the PlayStation they have been on top of the video game market.

PS2 is a better console than XBox in terms of graphics and rendering. Anyone who argues that XBox is better than PS2 should think about what kind of hardware the two systems have in them. The PS2 works on a truely 128-bit 300MHz RISC processor, while the XBox is chugging away with an almost stock Intel Celeron clocked at 733 MHz. The Celeron is still performing calculations in a 32-bit world. MS got around this by adding some fancy circuitry and memory around the processor so that it can ultimately handle 128-bit instructions (take any Electrical Engineering course to understand this). However, just by simple math, it would take at least 4 clock cycles for the most basic 128-bit calculation to be completed in the XBox.

The only advantage that XBox has over PS2 is the built in hard drive. But... is this really that big of an advnatage? When you're racing a car on a track, it's very important to be able to hear the engine, tires, and the rest of the car in general. Same deal in Gran Turismo 3 or Project Gotham Racing. I don't really want to listen to my own music while I'm playing these types of games. In fact... there aren't any games that I'd want to play where I'd have music in the background, except for maybe Final Fantasy or something like that.

As for the network connection, the new slim-line PS2's are coming out with this built in, so that old-advantage of the XBox is gone.

And then there's size... the XBox is HUGE!!! I like the fact that I can pack my PS2 into a carrying case (with all cables, 2 controllers, and about 6 or so games in their original cases) which measures about 12"X12"X4" (the PS2 carrying case by Sony). The XBox is fat and heavy. There's no way that I'd be able to lug around an XBox to a party or something (like testing the projectors at my university :thumbup ).

Not to mention that except for Halo 1&2, Playstation has way better games.

So... end of story, PS2... all the way...

P.S. It's probably common knowledge to most, but it's still funny that people have been able to run Linux on the XBox... a Microsoft product... :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...