Error: "You Have Restored a Good Registry"

ced1106

I've had to restart my machine 5+ times so far. :(

Every time I restart, I receive a "You Have Restored a Good Registry" message: Windows foudn an error in your system files and restored a recent backup of the files to fix the problem. Press Enter to restart your computer.

(Before this, my computer was installing the SE Service Pack in Safe Mode.)

Thanks,

Cedric.

aka. Washu! ^O^

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've also encountered the same problem. The Registry Check keeps on looping after the installation.

Thanks to Gape's suggestion on disabling sysreg i could finally get into windows.

(luckily i could still get into safe mode...)

(otherwise i would be penalised by my bro for spoiling the computer again......)

BTW. is there anyway for me to manually undo this installation(1.6.2) ?

This is because the previous registry was restored by the RegChecker and had probably affected the win98's uninstall list.

There is no way for me to uninstall from the Control Panel-> Add/Remove Programs...

Or should i leave as things be?

Thanks in advance =)

• 3 years later...

I am having the exact same microsoft registry continual rescanning and restoring and rebooting problem -English non US Australian ver of Win98SE is what I am trying to install the latest unofficial service pack 2.1a on. Fortunately I backed up the entire drive beforehand so was able to do a synch restore replacing just changed and deleted files.

Would still like to be able to install this if there is a fix - just wondering if the solution above to disable scanreg will work to just install the pack and then will it be safe to enable scanning again for normal use as it is a handy backup tool for the registry too. Or is this problem likely to reoccur after a succesful boot with the new files installed?

Also wondered if anyone has had the same problem with the latest Dec 07 98SE autoupdater program as I am hoping to install that after this unofficial pack.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:whistle: Wise Registry Cleaner 3 Free ;ver3.6.2.0(Freeware); http://www.WiseCleaner.com :sneaky: Run Auto-patcher;then,Use WiseRegistryCleaner to clean registry,(delete any files not fixed!) and next go to Programs>Accessories>SystemTools>SystemInformation>Tools>RegistryChecker=SaveRegistry and Re-boot!***Run Scandisk and Defrag after re-boot."*We must Run some kinda RegCleaner with 98SE cause it'll  s l  o   w   d o  w   n    Our PC if ya don't!