Royale Update Pack

Okay fellow people who like to have it all. I was messin' around the other day and I noticed that the MS Royale pack is just regular Luna with extra crap thown in.

So I got an idea and tried to repack Royale for integration on Wndows XP cd's.

After testing I ended up with 3 files being replaced in the I386 folder. After a fresh install windows loads with Royale as the default theme with animated cursors and EnergyBliss wallpaper.

I also corrected a couple of gramatical errors and a spelling error I actually found in the msstyles file.

LOL at MS quality control.

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that there is a better solution. The pack you provide contains the old. royale.msstyles without the normal Windows XP themes. Therefore by replacing your luna.ms_ you remove the option to use the standard windows xp styles.

I used royale.msstyles from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en which in addition to the royale theme contains all the standard windows xp themes.

Now Royale can be found under "Windows XP style" as a Color scheme. Also your .theme file is not working 100%. Folder tasks do not have the royale theme applied. Again I just stole the royale.theme from the official microsoft download and replaced it. Works like a charm. However, I suggest not replacing luna.th_ (luna.theme) or bliss.jp_ but instead only replacing luna.ms_ (luna.msstyles), adding royale.theme and energybliss.jpg with the $OEM$ folders. Then using the CustomDefaultThemeFile option in your unattended answer file applying royale.theme to all users. That way you keep the luna.theme and still have royale as the standard theme.

Another nice feature is that it is no longer listed as Windows Media Center edition style but as a color scheme under Windows XP style.

You can download the new package here:

http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~rauba/Royale-Luna-Pack-NEW.zip

Apart from that you can easily apply the royale theme to the logon screen also (provided you use the classic logon screen)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Plus!\Themes\Current]
@=hex(2):25,53,79,73,74,65,6d,52,6f,6f,74,25,5c,72,65,73,6f,75,72,63,65,73,5c,\
 54,68,65,6d,65,73,5c,4c,75,6e,61,2e,74,68,65,6d,65,00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager]
"ColorName"="Royale"