[DEFINITIVE] Half-Life 2 Chat/Thread

Xero_Cool

Posted it on my blog:

As you see, Some of you might of gotten Half-Life 2 already and some might get it today or some might not even get it at all. In this thread, You may:

• Post any cool screen shots you took
  • Ask for assistance (if your having any trouble on any level).
  • General Chit-Chat on it

Remember, Don't post any Spoilers because you will ruin the fun then ;-).

Note: There is a Half Life 2 channel @ irc://irc.quakenet.org/halflife2 (Warning: That channel is really big and people spam so It's going to be hard for you all people to catch up with the messages.)

For the latest Half-Life 2 news, Please visit: http://halflife2.net/.

-Blueshadowz

you do know there IS a difference between Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 right?

I can't tell which you're talking about.

"Halo 2 Channel" at an halflife 2 irc server. The blog has an excerpt for Halo2 in your Half-Life 2 post. And I thought the Xbox release of Half-Life 2 was still some ways away.

If you like counterstrike you may want to get it. But I think valve did a horrible job putting this game together. Sure it looks pretty ... but I see some major flaws.

1) No multiplayer. And if you say CS:Source is multiplayer, hit yourself on the head. Half Life the original had Half Life multiplayer with Half Life guns and a mod called Counterstrike with Counterstrike guns.

Half Life 2 has no multiplayer.

2) I doubt they beta tested this game as much as they should have let alone prepared to take on the world to register their games all at the same time. This doubt comes into play as I notice not just within my own gaming system but all across the Half Life 2 related forums on the net. People are having severe problems with Audio // Video stuttering. A supposed fix is to come out Nov 23.

As for Valve and their great invention STEAM ... well good idea, I just wish when I buy a game (the day it is released) I can play it. In my circumstance it wasnt till a day later until I could register my game so I could play single player. Good idea ... but there is already a warez version for the single player that works 100% with no problems a day before the game was even released in stores, so why should we the consumer suffer a delay in playing a game we purchased due to a security precation that obviously failed. Anyway back on topic ... their servers were swamped and I had to wait a day to play the much anticipated game ... very upsetting

And another thing about the retail version. It requires the CD/DVD in the drive in order to play the game, while the people who bought the game using STEAM get to enjoy a CD/DVD less environment. I understand it has to deal with some court issues but ... this should have been thought of way before this game was released.

3) The game itself seemed extremely short and the storyline seemed weaker than the original Half Life, but I am gonna go back and play Half Life to hopefully prove myself wrong. But it just feels like this game had less thought into it as the original.

Ok lets recap. Buggy, Activation Issues (supposed security), Retail CD/DVD usage, Game had less thought put into it.

Oh and ... NO MULTIPLAYER! That is the original reason I bought the original. I loved the multiplayer way before MODs such as DOD, CS, and NS became so big.

Overall I suggest a wait till the game gets an overhaul with updates and maybe some mods. I am to understand there is a Multiplayer mod coming out soon ... I think the maps are the issue right now.

It's your choice ... I personally am upset at the release and I wasnt even hyped up for the game. I bought it cause I know its gonna be the talk of the town at the next lan party ... I wanna fit in after all :P