[DEFINITIVE] Half-Life 2 Chat/Thread

Xero_Cool

umm....

if you were to combine them, you would need to get around the Copy Protection. I don't really see why they have a copy protection on Half-Life 2. If when you install, you have to connect to steam to validate the install, and go through it to run the program, then you have to use your steam account, which only ONE person can access at a time and the CDKEY can only be used ONCE. I understand Copy Protection on games that don't validate over the net, since you can easily just go to another computer install and make a copy and your friend can play at the same time with you (Starcraft anyone?). I personally wish I didn't need to use the CD to run the game, like you don't when you purchase through Steam. Main reason I use the Steam accout vs the CD Steam Account. And now I'm rambling, so I'll shutup now :P

And now I'm rambling, so I'll shutup now :P
k, but why do it twice? :P

:lol: the flood-control is failing....

(no offence meant, just messing... looked too funny to let it go without a comment)

EDIT: I see you deleted the "twice-over" post. ;)

i've just finished the game, was really funny on some parts, on others i feel afraid ;) ... let me comment it a little:

3d models: 9.5/10

wonderful work, the models are pretty accurate and really well designed i was really impressed by doggie

textures: 9/10

do their job, some of them are small but no game is perfect and in general better than for example the textures on D3

sound:9/10

really good, when the music goes on you know what is going to happen. ambience is the best and with good audio hardware...

plot:10/10

you know this is the big part, a secuel of HL have it hard. everytime you sight g-man and how the game ends... the best storyline a game had.

overall: 9.5/10

i could rest points because of bugs and problems while playing, it appears that it needed 1 week more solving them. i could also add some points plus because valve have corrected most of them and the update is available through steam. the activation part is not one of my favorites but hey is HL2! LoL!

finally i have to recommend it, for me the best game ever (after the first HL :P)

"So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes"

warnning spoiler!!:

what happened to alyx at the end of the game?? she dies?? is she put on slow-time-warp??

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I enjoyed HL2 better then Halo 2. It was also longer. I beat Halo 2 in less then 15 hours of game play, and I was stopping every few levels because I was getting bored. HL2 kept me in the seat, and only stopped when there was a Halo Tournament downstairs or I had to sleep or get to class....

Some people think there is no way she could survive that, which makes sense.

Others say the gman, hinted at saving her when he brushed the dust of her hand.

others are guessing this game may have been just a test for Freeman, and not the real earth. Im not really sure about anything, thats why i nearly screamed at the ending! :P

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have finished the game have you seen this ugly texture?

Near the end, you are going up the Gigantic Blue tower in an elevator. As you go up (pretty long ride...) you can see outside and you can see the city if you look at the bottom but :puke: this texture is worse that Doom I. the city looks like a 100x100 pixel bitmap stetched to full screen WHHAAAA UGLY!

You know when they cut rounded corner

I'm still playing HL2 and have been for a few weeks now, I don't get much time because of work etc....

I was wondering if anyone ahs got suck before? I got stuck trying to climb on to a Military Truck...

My view on HL2 is that it is the ultimate game of 2004/2005 and I can't wait to see what valve next is store for us.