is my SD RAM dead ? HELP

skinless

i have 256 mb sd ram .... it started giving me lots of bsods... i removed it n saw this rounded part missing :( n the circuit over there is broken.

is there anything that i can do ? what if i solder it without that component will it work ??

what does that component do ???

untitled212.jpg

those things are there for a reason.. it can be anything from a resistor, to a capacitor, to practically any electronic part.. if you still have it and look at how the rest of them are you can solder it back on.. its hard as hell to do.. but you can do it.

speaking of solderin small parts, this is easy compared to a fix i had to do to my mainboard.. I had to solder one of the traces on my mainboard.. you know the green lines that run all over the place.. those are hard to solder lol.

and theres no garuntee that if you buy a cheap used one and soldered it on that it would work.. it could be a diffrent Surface Mount Component.. or a diffrent Value.. (10 ohm capacitor vs a 50 ohm capacitor)

If you bridge it, you will fry that RAM chip right above it. Thos are resiters. 100ohms I beleive. You can go to an electonics store and they should be able to replace it and solder it in for you no problem. But thats no garantee. You should look into getting a new stick of ram IMO.

If you bridge it, you will fry that RAM chip right above it. Thos are resiters. 100ohms I beleive. You can go to an electonics store and they should be able to replace it and solder it in for you no problem. But thats no garantee. You should look into getting a new stick of ram IMO.

/agree ;)