virus help!

alan8311

hello everyone.... i need your help!!! my pc is running win XP SP1 and norton antivirus corporate edition. when i surfing net suddently it prompt this message(as below).

Can anyone tell me what virus is this and what can i do to prevent this virus happen again. Thanks ................ :huh:

untitled.bmp

hello everyone.... i need your help!!! my pc is running win XP SP1 and norton antivirus corporate edition. when i surfing net suddently it prompt out this message(as below). Can anyone tell me what virus is this and what can i do to prevent this virus happen again. Thanks ................ :huh:

untitled.bmp

hi..

u NEED service pack 2 .. or download SASSER & Blaster Patch from Microsoft that will fix the problem..

also u need a firewall & u need 2 not use norton :P

but for other things, as suggested above, u NEED a spyware program (or several)

i use:

Spyware Blaster (using this GREATLY improves your security against spyware)

Adaware

Spybot Search & Destroy

hello everyone.... i need your help!!! my pc is running win XP SP1 and norton antivirus corporate edition. when i surfing net suddently it prompt this message(as below).

Can anyone tell me what virus is this and what can i do to prevent this virus happen again. Thanks ................ :huh:

Update to SP2 (or at the very least apply blaster patches). That RPC DCOM exploit was fixed back in june (almost 6 months ago), so you should be updating more often. As for the SAV/NAV, if you really like it keep it, but I certainly don't recommend it. Also a good firewall wouldn't hurt.

u NEED service pack 2 .. or download SASSER & Blaster Patch from Microsoft that will fix the problem..

also u need a firewall & u need 2 not use norton :P

but for other things, as suggested above, u NEED a spyware program (or several)

Exactly! I also answered in your other post (I'm guessing it wasn't intentionnal).

Update to SP2 already (and keep up to date on patches)

Use a half decent AV (I don't like norton stuff either)

Use at least a basic firewall (even the basic WinXP firewall is better than none...)

Spyware scanners can't hurt either

And if you still use IE, consider Firefox...

(most likely, you'll want to download the sun java vm too as the crappy m$ one was removed after SP1)

Then you shouldn't be having issues of that kind anymore