FIX for Norton Antivirus 2005 Reg. & Activation

jbright

Can someone help me out? I've used the method explained in this thread to have NAV2005 installed silently on my unattended cd. It did not work.

When the xp install is finally complete, I am presented after restart, as usual with the desktop and so far as I can tell NAV did install becuase there is a desktop icon for it. However, my machine is now so slow that I can not even open windows explorer, and the only icons which load in the system tray are the sound, network connection and msn messenger. Nothing else loads, and I cannot start any other program because the machine is so slow.

This is definately related to NAV2005 because before I added this one to my unattended install, it all worked fine. For some reason it is slowing the system down.

Note. this is tested on Microsoft Virtual PC not on real machine.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Can someone help me out? I've used the method explained in this thread to have NAV2005 installed silently on my unattended cd. It did not work.

When the xp install is finally complete, I am presented after restart, as usual with the desktop and so far as I can tell NAV did install becuase there is a desktop icon for it. However, my machine is now so slow that I can not even open windows explorer, and the only icons which load in the system tray are the sound, network connection and msn messenger. Nothing else loads, and I cannot start any other program because the machine is so slow.

This is definately related to NAV2005 because before I added this one to my unattended install, it all worked fine. For some reason it is slowing the system down.

Note. this is tested on Microsoft Virtual PC not on real machine.

Thanks

Ive installed using this method, perhaps a good 10 times using a real pc and vmware and never had this problem. I can tell you that the 1st and only time I ever used virtualpc i had this exact same issue... which is why i made the move to vmware. id try booting into safe mode, uninstalling nav and see if really is the issue. furthermore, id also try giving vmware a shot to see if you experience the same issues.

does this work in systemworks?

as far as i understand it, this process goes for the major norton products... including NIS

I tried this for NAV and got a install failed message, do the quotes need to go around /qb Reboot=ReallySuppress?

"C:\install\NAVSETUP.exe" /qn /noreboot REBOOT=ReallySuppress

.. is all you need to use.

• 3 weeks later...

After successful to make norton anti-virus 2005 unattended installation from the helpful guide here, i got problem with the office plug in...

when opening a DOC file... it will scan something and telling me norton cannot fix it ownself...

so i need to unclick the office plugin and exit norton,

and on it back again...

and then the problem will go away...

does anybody have such problem as same as me?

any good guide to help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've tried to slipstream NAV 2005 Setup in my Windows unattended cd and my setup.cmd is:

ECHO.

ECHO Attivazione Norton AntiVirus 2005

ECHO Attendere prego...

MKDIR "%systemdrive%\Programmi\File comuni\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC"

COPY "%systemdrive%\INSTALL\SOFTWARE\NAV2005\symlcrst.dll" "%systemdrive%\Programmi\File comuni\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll"

REGEDIT /S %SYSTEMDRIVE%\INSTALL\SOFTWARE\NAV2005\NAVSETUP.reg

ECHO.

ECHO Installazione Norton AntiVirus 2005

ECHO Attendere prego...

start /wait %SYSTEMDRIVE%\INSTALL\SOFTWARE\NAV2005\NAVSETUP.exe "/qn /noreboot REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

ECHO.

ECHO Riavvio del sistema in 15 secondi...

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 15 -c "Windows XP sarà riavviato entro 15 secondi. Attendere prego..."

Is it correct? I tested on Windows xp sp2 italian version.

But, at the end of installation the config wizard of NAV 2005 tell me an error, Why?

Can I delete from the Support folder of NAV 2005 the folder called MSIE (contains Internet Explorer 6)?

Thanks for reply and...sorry for my bad english...

• 1 month later...
After successful to make norton anti-virus 2005 unattended installation from the helpful guide here, i got problem with the office plug in...

when opening a DOC file... it will scan something and telling me norton cannot fix it ownself...

so i need to unclick the office plugin and exit norton,

and on it back again...

and then the problem will go away...

does anybody have such problem as same as me?

any good guide to help?

nobody know the answer of it?

Hi guys!

Don't work for me... I tested all the steps.

I take the dll after uninstall NIS 2005, the dll was copied ok, to the right site. (I checked the ez log)

The serial was inserted ok,

But after reboot the wizard ask for the activation key (not the serial key)

what is wrong??? please.....

• 1 year later...

I have been using Norton SystemWorks 2005 for a while and decided to switch to 2006. I downloaded it and installed it, activated it and updated it. But to my surprise it seemed like the activation key was rechecked during the updating, and now asked for reactivation. And the previous key did of course not work this time. So now I’m using AVG free antivirus as a backup while I’m fixing this problem of mine. It probably got something to do with the key I used wich is 000000... 999. Help appreciated. :rolleyes:

Oh I'm pretty sure the problem can be fixed with RegEdit somehow. Hopefully you guys know better than me.