FIX for Norton Antivirus 2005 Reg. & Activation

jbright

I grabed the dll after an uninstallation of nav2005.

copyed the dll before installing. And the strange thing is that i have tested it on my laptop. and there it works and says that it is activated.

then with the same dvdunattendedxpwithnav2005 etc of mine i installed it on another machine wich says:

"NAV was unable to scan beacause your license of this product has expired." or something like it.

:-s.....

hmmm

Use this syntax in your batch_file.cmd =

ECHO.

ECHO Registering and Activating Norton Anti-Virus 2005

ECHO Please wait...

MKDIR "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccpd-lc"

COPY "%systemdrive%\install\applications\Nav2005\symlcrst.dll" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccpd-lc\"

REGEDIT /S %SYSTEMDRIVE%\install\applications\Nav2005\NAVSETUP.reg

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Norton Anti-Virus 2005

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %SYSTEMDRIVE%\install\applications\Nav2005\NAVSETUP.exe "/qn /noreboot REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

i dont see how that could work %systemdrive at the time refers to the CD doesnt it...so your copy and mkdir commands dont make sense to me, correct me if im wrong im new to this whole thing

@demitrix

No it doesn't refer to the cd drive! %systemdrive% refers to the drive that Windows has just been installed on. It is written that way so that whatever drive Windows has been put on C, D, E etc or wherever it will be discovered.

Also at that stage Windows is already on the PC, and the $OEM$ folders have all been copied over to the hard drive and my "batch_file.cmd" is executing.

Please review/read the overview of the directory (folders) structure at http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/oemfolders.htm and also the timeline of events at http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/timeline.htm

Yeah 2bad i also can confirm that this activation method works only machine specified. So if you copy the dll of machine 1 the activation will only work on machine 1...

Too bad...

If someone has a solution to make a universal activation... it would be very nice to share the thing with me cq. us.

Grtz..

ReNi

I'd like to mention that jbright's mention on the first page of this thread works excellent for NIS2005. No problems whatsoever if you follow his instructions.

I omitted the virus defs part to save space since I'm critically near 700 MB on my disc, and although I have to update the files after installation, it still works great.

You guys need to understand this isnt an 'Activation Problem' its how licensing works. Why would a company want to make it possible to simply buy 1 copy of their software and copy it onto as many pcs as they want?

The only way you can get around this is installing on one pc at a time, activating it, save the "symlcrst.dll" for that particular machine and make sure its only that specific file thats copied onto the particular pc your installing onto.

Once youve obtained the multiple versions of "symlcrst.dll" you could easily write a script that copies the correct copy to the pc it should be installed to based on its hostname.

You guys need to understand this isnt an 'Activation Problem' its how licensing works. Why would a company want to make it possible to simply buy 1 copy of their software and copy it onto as many pcs as they want?

I have just come up with something creative.

Since I hv a sony vaio z series laptop. And a pc.

All I need to do is grab the symlcrst.dll and Using WPI method.

I can select which Activation I want for my sony or my PC.

• 1 month later...

Yea... I do something similiar with a batch file.

If %computername%==DUREXBOX GOTO DUREX
If %computername%==SHUTTLEBOX GOTO SHUTTLE

GOTO _SETUP

:DUREX
XCOPY /E /H /R /I /Y  "%systemdrive%\NAV2005\durexbox\*" "%programfiles%"
GOTO _SETUP

:SHUTTLE
XCOPY /E /H /R /I /Y  "%systemdrive%\NAV2005\shuttlebox\*" "%programfiles%"
GOTO _SETUP