HFSLIP (original thread)

tommyp

I still don't manage it to get IE6, DX90c or the new Windows Update Service integrated.

When the Hfslip process is nearly complete, it asks me if I want to overwrite the Svcpack folder. I choose yes. What consequences does that have?

I don't install Windows on the C Drive. Any other user here doing the same?

Could a German user please post his error_report.txt here (Hotfixes, etc)?

ERROR_REPORT.zip

Does your source\i386 folder have a svcpack folder in it? If it does, then you will get that copy message. For best results, you must use a virgin source. Also, be careful about modifying the sysoc.inf file in your fix folder. HFSLIP uses that to patch all the proper regedits. If you must have an altered sysoc.inf, please modify the one in the sourcess\i386 folder instead.

Could a German user please post his error_report.txt here (Hotfixes, etc)?

Edit:

Full error_report.txt for you attached here.

This is what I am using and it works 100%.

My source is Win2000Pro OEM from 2000 with SP4 slipstreamed.

My CD has no SVCPACK folder in I386.

for_kukris.zip

Edited by tripleX

@Oleg_II - I have pulled support for Outlook completely now. You can delete the addreg section in MSOE.INF. Then, delete my MSOE50.IN_, then and rename MSOE.INF to be MSOE50.IN_. When you install again you'd have it. The trouble is, the hotfixes just mess with the registry keys and supporting it isn't quite possible for me how I have things set up with the files now.

FDV, does this mean that it's best to leave OE and WAB in when using your fileset? In other words, should I just remove the semi-colon in front of MSOE50.inf in SYSSETUP.INF?

Also, do you know if removing Win2k's built in fax service will kill fax programs like WinFax, for example?

On your website, you mention a CPU Idel issue with the rollup. Wasn't this fixed in the Update Rollup v2?

@triplex - You still are NOT setting up the folders correctly.  Can you please post your error_report.txt file?

Sorry, I edited the above post.

I was replying to kukris who wanted an error report from a german user.

I also edited the attachment, which should now be o.k.

@fdv:

I am having problems with your ie removal fileset.

With or without hfslip, it doesn´t work.

The OS won´t even install.

See attached error report for details.

ERROR_REPORT.zip

@tripleX - Please use the un-adulterated error_report.txt file when posting, it has all the information that is needed when HFSLIPping.  BTW, HFSLIP automagically generates it when HFSLIP is run.

Hmm, well :blink:

I ripped error_report.txt from script and added some info´s related to my problem which were not covered by it (imo for this special case).

It is a problem with FDV fileset, if this here is the wrong place for this, please let the mods delete this post and/or ignore it :blink: .

Kind regards

tripleX

@mods

Please add ability to delete posts :huh:

@saugatak - outlook support is gone because the various patches make registry changes that seem to prevent it from running correctly. not sure why, and no one really uses outlook anymore anyway, having moved to thunderbird, so my fileset won't support it now. if your syssetup has semicolons in front of msoe and wab, it means you are using the fileset from last month. i have a new fileset on the site, but the changes are so minor for most that it's no worry, but the new fileset won't even copy the outlook files over. i would steer clear from outlook now.

removing win2k's built-in fax services will not kill other fax programs. as far as i have tested, anyway. those files were for microsoft's own proprietary fax software built into the os -- their junk can't even compare to winfax.

the cpu idle issue is, unbelievably, STILL in the update rollup v2!

@triplex - this is the right place for this, but hfslip only tracks its own errors, not those from my fileset, and the mshtml error was an obscure directx 9 issue, see tommyp's post below)

Edited by fdv

tommyp

The problem with USB camera has gone! I think there should not be any hardware issues related with DirectX again. Thank you very much for the great work!

One small issue I found with SVCPACK.INF - if there is a .cmd file slipstreamed with script it appears twice in SetupHotfixesToRun section and will be run twice during unattended.

By the way, is it possible to include other commands in your HFSLIP.CMD from SVCPACK folder? Like creating a user maybe? I think it should work.

fdv

Man, you should have told us :thumbup You also included winhtml.inf for installing Help System! And it works even without two files you mark as dangerous! I opened nearly all my .chm files and I don't have jscript.dll and shdoclc.dll on my system (I modified the script a bit and made a stand alone installer for myself ;)

Have not experimented wtih OE again but after I have my .chm readable and my favourite html redactor working I don't care about it and will probably move to Thunderbird (found a few useful features in it ;)

And some issues.

1. danim.dll is deleted with DELFILES.txt. But it is still uncommented in txtsetup.inf and there is an error during unattended install.

2. There is an error during installation (Registering components): Error registering the OCX C:\W2K\system32\mshtml.dll.

I can't be 100% sure but it seems to appear before any of my programs installed (a .cmd window wich run some tasks like creating new user and installs progs appears a couple of minutes later). Could it be link with question 4?

3. There is one more error message that no program is registered to deal with html or something like this appears during program installation. But it can be related to one of my progs that I did't repacked and that calls to some IE function during installation. I'll look at these programs next weekend.

4. There is IE icon on the desktop. Can it be delt with? And there is IEACCESS.INF in your set that is not cabbed (one in source is cabbed) and after slipstreaming there are two files in SOURCESS: IEACCESS.INF and IEACCESS.IN_. Which should be left? I tried both and found that first should be cabbed and replace one in the source (there are two errors during first bootup if not doing this).

5. I wrote about it before: in right click menu there is Send To - Mail Recipient. I have not tried it with Thunderbird. Will it work or it is just an artifact of OE? If can't be used can it be deleted?

There are some more issues but they probably related with my tweaks or installed programs. I'll investigate them and let you know if something linked with your set.

And one request: it is not exactly the place to ask but could you let me know how to make a each folder opened in the same window during unattended (a tweak)? Openning each folder in its own window is a bit annoying - too many windows :whistle:

@tripleX - Thanks for the clarification. :) Your folders are set up correctly. I think I was just getting a bit confused whether the issue was a FDV or HFSLIP induced error. Perhaps it's time to have another thread for FDV issues and another for HFSLIP issues.

@Oleg_II - Glad the directx9 issue went away. It took me forever to figure that one out (which is why it took a while between releases). Thansk for comment about the CMD files in svcpack.inf. I'll check it out. To answer your last Q, yes it is possible to add things into svcpack. In fact, if you create a CMD file, and place it into the HFSVPK folder, HFSLIP will integrate it into the source and do the magic. It's up to you to create the CMD file though. BTW, if you want to override some of FDV's settings for explorer, I would strongly suggest to download the regtweak program in the unattended forum and generate a reg file. Place that file into the HFSVPK folder and those settings will be part of the source. I know about the MSHTML issue. I'll fix it up and get the change implemented.

tommyp

I know that placing a .cmd file in HFSVPK folder will integrate it - I've done it and so this issue with double entries in SVCPACK.inf appeared :)

I meant if I am not integrating a .cmd file in such way but include some commands in HFSLIP.CMD that is already in SVCPACK folder after slipstreaming - I think it should work also.

I also have a very annoying problem with running my install.inf through cmdlines.txt and using fdv's set - it doesn't run or not run complitely (some tweaks implemented, some not - but all works in full installation without the set). But it maybe the problem with me. Working on it.

@saugatak - outlook support is gone because the various patches make registry changes that seem to prevent it from running correctly. not sure why, and no one really uses outlook anymore anyway, having moved to thunderbird, so my fileset won't support it now. if your syssetup has semicolons in front of msoe and wab, it means you are using the fileset from last month. i have a new fileset on the site, but the changes are so minor for most that it's no worry, but the new fileset won't even copy the outlook files over. i would steer clear from outlook now.

removing win2k's built-in fax services will not kill other fax programs. as far as i have tested, anyway. those files were for microsoft's own proprietary fax software built into the os -- their junk can't even compare to winfax.

the cpu idle issue is, unbelievably, STILL in the update rollup v2!

It's too bad M$ screwed around with Outlook and Outlook Express. I use your old fileset on an old home machine (WORKS GREAT :thumbup ) but I need Outlook at work because, unfortunately, my time management program only synchs with Outlook.

Thanks for the infor on M$ crappy fax services. If it's not even as good as that crap from WinFax, that's pretty bad.

I'm shocked that M$ still can't get Update Rollup right. That is just pathetic. They're probably using college intern programmers for Win2k right now and providing the bare minimum in support and security updates to force everyone to upgrade to XP or Longwait.

Is srvinstw.exe critical to this slipstreaming? I don't have the WIN2K Resource Kit and don't know where to find this file and don't have the money to buy it. After I have burn the output(win2k slipstream) then I tried to install I get the error message "Line 1 of INF is invalid" then installation automatically stops.

- Which OS you are slipstreaming

A. --Win2k

- What language you are working with

A. --English

- The names of the files in your HF folder, NOT the files, JUST the names

A. --FDV's Mentioned HF in his site plus useragentswitcher.xpi

- Indicate if you are slipstreaming IE6

A. --NO, I'm removing it; while use Firefox Browser

- Indicate if you are using the FDV IE removal fileset

A. --Yes