HFSLIP (original thread)

tommyp

@TommyP

You might want to update your 1st post to point out the new abilities!

btw: I still end up with files that are older (as pointed out by hfnetchk

and verified by me) - can't see why, as the newer files also have newer file dates.

My quick fix is to put the newer ones (compressed) in the FIX fldr.

Electrician, are you sure that HFNETCHK is reporting older files? Or files that have the incorrect checksum? Incorrect checksums is an issue, but it's most likely an issue of HFNETCHK itself. Have you tried the microsoft baseline analyzer? Have you checked the actual versions of the files? Where do you place your setup/working folders? It should not have spaces or weird punctuation marks. Keep it simple and don't get too cute with file/folder names. For example:

d:\hfslip\HFSLIP_50715.CMD

Yes, they are older, I verified that by extracting the files from the sourcess folder and from the URP/KB's, etc.

I got NO chksum errors from the last build - just a few older vers of files and a missing reg entry. I ran the experiment at work, so I don't have access to the files/notes. I THINK they were mshtml, odbc32, and sqlsrv. I have been experimenting with other things I want in my tools dir, so haven't repeated the build (yet). Still using the 711 script.

I just tried slipstreaming IE6 today (with no hot fixes) and it gave me a couple of errors about missing files (some .infs) and now Windows Update reports IE6 isn't installed, even though it is according to the IE about box.

AngelBlue - What files/infs are reported as being missing? Are you using a virgin source?

Electrician - Are you still using a virgin W2K sp4 source? If you aren't please use a virgin one. I know last time you were using a modded source when you had problems. FDV and I both do not get errors, so you are obviously doing something fundamentally incorrect. Please re-read the new instructions.

Edit AngelBlue. I just ran my install with just slipstreaming IE6 only. Works fine with me. I can only assume that you didn't read the instuctions. REREAD THEM PLEASE, especially step #3. One additional item, if you aren't slipstreaming the post SP4 rollup, you NEED to download MSXML3. I'll add that to the instuctions.

Edited by tommyp

pene, no, you don't need winnt.sif.

angel blue01, you NEED ie6 hotfixes if you're integrating ie6. it's how winupdate "thinks" ie6 is there. Gotta have ALL of those inf entries. also may i highly recommend adding all of the hotfixes. it's just a really good idea.

I tryed to slipstream IE6 only to my unattended Setup (no hotfixes, no other things). But I think this failed. When I try to install the OS the setup sayed there are missing files like:

d3dim.dll

tsbvcap.sys

tsbyuv.dll

dssec.dll

mshtml.dll

My Source is a copy from the Orginal german MS 2000 CD, I only slipstreamed SP4. Have I missed some steps???

Edited by Bastian_W

The infs it referred to were not part of the IE6 package so i didn't know where to find them.

What were the filenames? Did you follow step #3 of the instructions? Did you add an MSXML3 installer to the HF folder?

I try to use it for russian version of win2000 sp4 rollup1 and ie6sp1

I change prefixes in cmd file but it's working bad

after install

ie6 show incorrect version

and rollup show nothing

may be, you can write short how-to?

about process of integration hotfixes

I guess the cmd script only works with english versions. Like I mentioned before, it works fine with eng versions. I'll have to remove the language options when I release the next version of the script. If you prefer to do a manual slipstream, please visit www.vorck.com. He has some great info there, in fact, the script is pretty much based off of that. Please be aware that the W2K rollup only updates IE5.

Bastian_W - If you're missing an mshtml.dll during the initial installation of your source, I would highly recommend installing a non-slipstreamed source. MSHTML is one of the files on a regular cd, so I can't see why yours is missing.

I tryed to slipstream IE6 only to my unattended Setup (no hotfixes, no other things). But I think this failed. When I try to install the OS the setup sayed there are missing files like:

d3dim.dll

tsbvcap.sys

tsbyuv.dll

dssec.dll

mshtml.dll

My Source is a copy from the Orginal german MS 2000 CD, I only slipstreamed SP4.  Have I missed some steps???

d3dim.dll is a part of w2k+sp4 and to me (in italian version) result that is not modified from the script

in your SOURCE folder there is a file called d3dim.dl_?

and in your SOURCESS folder?

If the first answer is yes and the second is no try to do the Total Slipstream in a volume with more free disk space.

@tommyp

your script do not send an error output when a volume is full. (so the SOURCESS folder have less files)