HFSLIP (original thread)

tommyp

@TommyP

The WUINFCREATOR subroutine of your cmd file is not called because

the sub is called ": WUINFCREATOR" the space looks like a typo - unless you are intentionaly disabling it?

also, under INTEGRATE, the line reads

DIR WORK\I386E DIR /A-D /B /ON > HFFILES.TXT

shouldn't it be

DIR WORK\I386E /A-D /B /ON > HFFILES.TXT

??

@pene

GREAT Idea, but I thought that windows RE-enables driver checking during install -no matter what is in the reg. I remember reading on this site, somewhere, and

there was a progie that would actively watch for and turn it back off.

@tommyp:

I edited the original post according to my latest discovery, and added some technical details about Driver Signing. Of course you can add it to the script. Please do :)

Could you please also refer to the questions that I asked in posts #201 and #203? I'm still not sure about the issues I mentioned there...

@Electrician:

I read that too. Luckily, I don't always believe everything I read :D The method I have suggested works very well. Take a look at the technical details that I added in the original post if you're interested.

Note: I made some additional changes there. Take another look...

Edited by pene

im testing the german version atm. there are a few lines hardcoded for the en version i changed:

3 times Windows2000-KB891861-x86-ENU.EXE (DEU)

and tons of 'scripten' from ie6 (scriptde)

Hi to all, i am new from here and i am italian.

i'm trying to do the "total Slipstream" in the italian version of w2000.

I changed the above lines and also all the line 'js56nen' (js56nit), but i don't know if it is possible slipstreaming simply renaming these files:

Windows2000-KB891861-x86-ENU.EXE (ITA)

js56nen.exe (js56nit.exe)

Some info:

1) I notice that in my version the unpacked sysoc.inf is codified in UNICODE and not in ANSI so the script do not modify that file.

It's a bug in the script?

2) The [Components] section of my winnt.sif file seems not work

ex. mplay=Off has no effect.

this is my WINNT.sif:

[Unattended]
FileSystem = LeaveAlone
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
TargetPath = WINNT
UnattendMode = ProvideDefault

[UserData]
ComputerName = "HAL"
FullName = "Lupo"

[Display]
BitsPerPel = 8
Vrefresh = 60
Xresolution = 640
Yresolution = 480

[Components]
fp_extensions = Off
iisdbg = On
mplay = Off

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents = YES

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup = Workgroup

[Data]
MsDosInitiated = "0"
UnattendedInstall = Yes

there is a way to integrate WMP9?

Sorry for my English and congratulations for this great work!

Lupo, I'm working on a multi-language script now. If you don't mind, please wait for a little bit (less than a day or two). The language issue should not be prob.

Electrician - Thanks for the inputs, the portions you mentioned were indeed getting run, but I fixed it in the script.

Pene - Your method works great. I just verified with XP and 2K. Both work like a charm. Thanks for your great input!

Other stuff to be included is the stupid rootsupdate hotfix, and more cleanups to get rid of some temp files (no use cluttering up the harddrive right?)

Can someone help me with the language issue?

What is the full name of the rollup for languages other than english. I need the FULL filename. The english version is named

"Windows2000-KB891861-x86-ENU.EXE". What are the others?

@tommyp:

Thanks for testing.

By the way, I think you might have missed my post #213, in which I mentioned that I removed many lines from my method (only one line is necessary - so please check my original post before you apply the method), and also asked an additional question...

Thanks,

Pene

Edited by pene

tommyp:

de

GER_Q832483_MDAC_x86.EXE

IE6.0sp1-KB823353-x86-DEU.exe

IE6.0sp1-KB833989-x86-DEU.exe

IE6.0sp1-KB883939-Windows-2000-XP-x86-DEU.exe

IE-KB903235-x86-DEU.exe

js56nde.exe

msxmlger.msi

oe6.0sp1-KB897715-Windows-2000-XP-x86-DEU.exe

Q818043_W2K_SP5_x86_DE.EXE

rootsupd.exe

scriptde.exe

Windows2000-KB329115-x86-DEU.exe

Windows2000-KB823559-x86-DEU.exe

Windows2000-KB840987-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB842773-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB885834-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB890046-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB891781-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB891861-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB893066-v2-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB894320-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB896358-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB896422-x86-DEU.EXE

Windows2000-KB901214-x86-DEU.EXE

WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe

ie6:

BRANDING.CAB

CRLUPD.CAB

filelist.dat

ie6setup.exe

IEEXINST.CAB

iesetup.dir

iesetup.ini

IEW2K_1.CAB

IEW2K_2.CAB

IEW2K_3.CAB

IEW2K_4.CAB

MAILNEWS.CAB

MPLAY2U.CAB

OEEXCEP.CAB

README.CAB

SCRIPTDE.CAB

WAB.CAB

ie6 scriptde.cab differ from english ver:

cscript.exe

dispex.dll

jscript.dll

jsde.dll

scode.dll

scriptde.cat

scriptde.inf

scrobj.dll

scrrnde.dll

scrrun.dll

vbscript.dll

vbsde.dll

wscript.exe

wscript.hlp

wshcon.dll

wshde.dll

wshext.dll

wshom.ocx

the script doesnt work on german version, i didnt dive too deep into it but i guess some regkeys differ too :(

regards

Can someone help me with the language issue? 

What is the full name of the rollup for languages other than english.  I need the FULL filename.  The english version is named

"Windows2000-KB891861-x86-ENU.EXE".  What are the others?

Windows 2000 SP4 Update Rollup 1 for polish users:

Windows2000-KB891861-x86-PLK.EXE

for other languages you must see:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...e6-60a494d3823d

but different language versions differ only language sign:

Windows2000-KB891861-x86-xxx.EXE

xxx - language sign

Regards,

dziubek

noisehole - thanks for the list (funny username too! hahaaha)

Pene - Post 201 - (the renamed 818043 hotfix), you do NOT need it to be patched. I read that there may have been issues with that update. Google for that hotfix number and you'll see what I mean.

post 203 - I meant that the rootsupdate will be fixed at the next release of my cmd script. I'm looking into that GDI thing now.

I'm doing final testing now, shouldn't be too long for a release. So far W2k and XP look fine.

tommyp,

When you did the testing on XP, was it with the one-line only change? I realized that the other lines that I initially added weren't needed for 2000, but it should be confirmed for XP as well.

Regards,

Pene

Edited by pene

Pene - Yes, it 's the single line you redid yesterday. It works for XP and 2k. Don't know how you found it, but it's pretty cool. I'm sure what value that reg key takes after windows is installed, but all seems fine, just as you said.

Lupo - I'm not exactly sure about the unicode. PM me offline so we can discuss. Also, has your winnt.sif file worked before? Are you sure it's named winnt.sif and not winnt.sif.txt? Did you place the file into the FIX folder? My winnt.sif file works exactly the way I set it up.

dziubek - What you said was what I was expecting. Reading Lupo's post had me a bit dumbfounded for a minute.

Also, some additional items...

WMP9 - It IS possible to slipstream it, but I do not plan on integrating it with my script. Once you discover alternate media players, you'll stay away from the that POS memory hog of a program. I can however include the codecs for it ;)

GDI tool - MSBLA says it's not installed on a clean installation. So I ran the GDI tool on a fresh installation and it found no errors. After re-rerunning MSBLA, it still says it's not installed. Apparantly MSBLA will never be happy. Long story short, there is other software that microsoft came out with that is prone to this issue, but a clean installation of windows alone is fine. It will be up to the user to see if whatever software they install after they install windows is prone to this issue.

tommyp,

Just a note about how I found it, if you're curious...

To make a long story short, after reading most of what I could find about driver signing on the net, nothing made sense :) So I decided to test it myself...

Pressing Shift-F10 during the GUI installation part opens a CMD windows, in which I can run regedit... After playing a bit with the registry values during setup I reached a few conclusions...

Regarding the GDI, I'm not sure I fully understood what you wrote... Did it not appear for you in Windows Update after install? Another update that appeared on one of my attempts was Malicious Software Removal Tool (but i've seen that just once). Go figure.

Regards,

Pene.

I was testing with the baseline security analyzer. GDI is no concern if you did a windows (sourcess folder) only. If you install other microsoft software, it's up to you (I can't test for something that you install afterwards). But, the baseline security analyzer said GDI tool wasn't installed, so I installed it, and after I re-ran the analyzer, it still said it wasn't installed. Go figure. As far as the malicious software goes, I wouldn't really worry about having malicious software on a clean installation.

Thanks for the shift-F10 tip. I could have used that when troubleshooting the post rollup.....

TP

I mailed a new hfslip file to FDV for posting. Please be patient. The extracted file name is called HFSLIP_50715. I'm sure he'll post once it's hosted. The new version gives language support, better directions, and fixes the stupid rootsupdate. I only get two updates after installation (dotnet and wmp9), both obviously aren't critical updates.

TP