HFSLIP (original thread)

tommyp

Thanks.

I got the files.

After I successfully install Win2k with all hotfixes and ie6.

Hotfixes are succeessful but there is no ie6 or outlook express in the program files even I am using the two files provided by vorck instead of nlite method.

Thanks

Thanks.

I got the files.

After I successfully install Win2k with all hotfixes and ie6.

Hotfixes are succeessful but there is no ie6 or outlook express in the program files even I am using the two files provided by vorck instead of nlite method.

Thanks

That happened to me as well once. Re-read the instructions and make sure you did everything right.

Dear friends,

I'd like to include IE6 in my W2k unattended installation but I don't know if it is possible to slipstream IE into the sourse first and then reduce it with method of Gosh. Will it work after reducing the sourse? Gosh's method works great for me and I'd like to stay with it.

If nobody tried this I'll definitely do but not sure when I have time for this.

Best regards,

Oleg 2

Dear friends,

I'd like to include IE6 in my W2k unattended installation but I don't know if it is possible to slipstream IE into the sourse first and then reduce it with method of Gosh. Will it work after reducing the sourse? Gosh's method works great for me and I'd like to stay with it.

If nobody tried this I'll definitely do but not sure when I have time for this.

Best regards,

Oleg 2

Try Nlite B)

I've integrated IE6 and installed windows. IE works but the 'about' box says I've got version 5, even though it looks like a version 6 style box. Outlook express 6 works and the 'about' box correctly says version 6.

I edited the files you said to edit and put them in the fix folder, hower, I didn't do SYSSETUP.IN_ becasue it caused nlite to hang when I was making the ISO so I left that file out of the fix folder. Is this the reson why IE6 said version 5?

I've made for both server and workstations and its about box saying ie6 sp1.My current language is Turkish.its works fine

Hi,

I am trying this methode. And it seems to go well. But I've got the problem that IE says he is version 5, but Outlook Espress tells me he is version 6. So maybe it is a registry entry thats not right.

The next "problem" is that there are 17 updates when I look at Windows Update. Internet explorer 6 is also there.

In "0 - General Info.txt" stands:

IF YOU LIKE TO VISIT WINDOWSUPDATE AND SEE THAT ALL THE PATCHES ARE INSTALLED,
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT FOR YOU.  YOU CAN USE A COMMANDLINE ALTERNATE BY VISITING
SHAVLIK TECHNOLOGIES AND USING A HFNETCHK.  IF YOU LIKE WINDOWSUPDATE, YOU
WILL HAVE TO CREATE INF FILES TO ADD THE REQUIRED REGISTRY ENTRIES TO KEEP
WINDOWSUPATE HAPPY.

Does this mean that you will always see this updates, even when they are correctly installed? If that is the case, can someone give me a link to a tutorial wich works with Commandline installes of IE6 DirectX and patches (Hotfixes)

FYI I use the Dutch version and downloaded all the pathes listed in http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=31886&st=0

And I work with a Windows 2000 SP4 source.

I don't use Nlite to create a bootable image but i use this methode http://www.btsunattended.net/NL/Tutorial/voltooien.htm

I'm working on a new version that makes the windowsupdate people happy. Well, at least it will report practically no updates are needed if you put the right files in the right folders. I should post it sometime early next week as I'm doing a bunch of test runs. Oh yea, it will only require to edit ONE file instead of a whole mess of them.

I'm working on a new version that makes the windowsupdate people happy.  Well, at least it will report practically no updates are needed if you put the right files in the right folders.  I should post it sometime early next week as I'm doing a bunch of test runs.  Oh yea, it will only require to edit ONE file instead of a whole mess of them.

:thumbup you would make me soo happy.

maybe i can then manage it to do the slipstream. :thumbup

I'm working on a new version that makes the windowsupdate people happy.  Well, at least it will report practically no updates are needed if you put the right files in the right folders.  I should post it sometime early next week as I'm doing a bunch of test runs.  Oh yea, it will only require to edit ONE file instead of a whole mess of them.

I'm looking forward to it! :thumbup

okay dudes, i give it up.

after 10 times reading intructions, i finally made it to a nlited cd.

imho now i made everything correct....

but installing was already troubleful:

booted with msdos, goind to cddrive:\i386

typed winnt

setup began to copy alot of files to the hd, but not all needed.

later in the setup i was asked for a agpXYZ.dll (i forgot the version.

i looked on the $WINNT_yxz folder on hd, and it wasnt there, but it was on cd, so setup continued.

same thing during "installing components"

missing txfaux.dll. i found it on the CD and setup went till windows 2000 started.

as happy i was i wanted directly go to windowsupdate, but...

the folder c:\program files\internet explorer\ was empty.

so no iexplorer on this system.

During integration i got alot of file not found errors, but a guy asked for that in this thread earlier and it was said, its okay...

I think its the problem that i dont know what kb files exactly i should put into the hf1 - folder and hf2 folder (there are so many out there)

and no idea what file i should put into the mdac folder. (MDAC_TYP.EXE? or GER_Q832483_MDAC_x86.EXE? Or both?)

As yo can see here i tried with german version. i adjusted the cmdfile from scripten.cab to scripde.cab.

Could also be a problem of the language version.

I will wait now for the new thingie from tommy and try it with an english version then...

:'-(

thx anyway tommyp, i know it must have been a s***load of work and testing for you. (also bilou)

Ah, maybe i should have spent more time on it...

CMD file updated, see first post. Lots of changes this go around. No more setupapi or sfc files needed. Windows update seems to work OK. File works with 2k and XP. It doubles as an alternativce to RyanVM's update pack (if you want to control what gets installed). New MSI installer works great. Any constructive critism appreciated.

As usual, use at your own risk.

i tested it today, and it works fine with W2000 english version...

i noted 2 thingies:

windowsupdate still ask for KB890859, even the file called

Windows2000-KB890859-x86-ENU.EXE

is in the HF1 Folder. but i dont know if its just a registry issue, or if its really not installed...

on creating the folderstructure i had to create the folder called

MSIEXT myself. It was not made by the cmd file. :)

thx for your the great work.....

@bololo77: Thanks for the feedback. I'll incorporate that folder generation in the next round. The hotfix you mention is the only I can seem to get to make windowsupdate happy. If you do a file comparison between a cd installation using that sourcess folder, no files are changed if you manually doubleclick that 890859 hotfix. Weird.