Firefox Web Browser? Why do I want this?

RichTJ99

ok now because i use firefox i'm an ignorant, bigoted, unthinking moron; if we sume that to the UGLY point... i would suggest m$ to put this on the main page of IE like:

Use Internet Explorer, or you will be an ignorant, bigoted, unthinking moron!

Don't move to Firefox, is ugly and a joke!

nice advertisement, but let me suggest supermods to close this pointless thread.

ps: sorry but my ego is strong enough to not be broken by 1 pointless coment.

"IT'S a COMPLETE browser straight from installation."

Don't you mean, "It's Complete CRAP!"

Firefox Web Browser? Why do I want this?

YOU DON'T !

why ? well, is it not obvious that using FF quickly transforms a person into a bigoted, unthinking moron ?

Ok... honestly... I think that EVERYONE needs to take a Valium here... this post is so incredibly hot, I burn my fingers whenever I hover over the link...

@Red house When you say stuff like this, it makes you no better than Saraband. Maxthon is not crap, and it does provide a lot more functionality than IE (anything does really) without leaving the familiar setting of IE entirely.

@Saraband You've got to STOP doing this! Think of the next time that you might run into something quirky with Windows, and you need some help... with all this flaming that you've been doing and calling people "ignorant, bigoted, unthinking moron(s)", no one is going to help you in the future.

IMO, for power users (like there are many of here) Firefox is a good browser because you can customize it and tweak it to exactly your liking. However, for someone who has just become more comfortable with using the internet at all, I believe that Maxthon provides much more than IE, without switching completely.

To give another example, it's like for those of us who used WinME (from another post here)... for power users who couldn't stand the WinME interface and problems(and who want a much better OS in general) they could go and get a Mac. For those people who wanted to stick with what they partially knew, they moved on to XP.

To try to end this (extremely) heated debate...

Firefox has many good features. I supports many plugins that you or I can write ourselves and is very good when it comes to blocking spyware. It comes with a built in download manager and offers tabbed browsing. I will say it, it is a good browser (just not my personal favorite).

Maxthon is also a good browser with many features for itself. Many of these features come preinstalled and therefore don't require the need to find any extra plugins to work. As for blocking spyware, simply disable the automatic download of ActiveX (which is used more than people realize) and Java Applets, and you'll be good to go. Maxthon also provides tabbed browsing, and supports the use of a third party download manager. It is also a good browser.

Mods, please close this thread.