Windows Media Player 10 can go to hell

ThatGuyPSU

I hate Microsoft today.

I've finally taken the plunge to digitize my CD library. I have a pet peeve about greatest hits compilations: I like to store the individual tracks under their original album title and accompanying album art. With WMP 9 it was easy. After ripping the song. simply right click on the track, change the Album name, delete the song from your library and let WMP find it again. It downloads the correct Album Art and re-files the song under a folder with the new album name.

Try doing that with WMP 10. It doesn’t work. Instead, it changes the album name back to the one that’s on the CD.

How the hell does it know where I got the song from?!?!

I’ve tried every trick I know to fool it into submission. I used an ID tag stripper then copied the song onto another computer to eliminate the possibility of hidden files, and somehow it still knew which CD the song came from. WMP 10 must be embedding some extra information in the track that WMP 9 isn’t. Soon as I rolled back to WMP 9, it worked again the way I wanted it to.

Microsoft can go to hell for trying to impose their will on me and making something that should be simple so **** difficult.

re: "It downloads the correct Album Art and re-files the song under a folder with the new album name"

wmp10 works fine for the above issue i have done it to all my cd's from my highschool dayz with no problem.

i hate it when people blame ms for every stupid error the end-user makes. infact it is the end-user error 100% of the time. i have seen it at work

Windows Media.... what? Oh - OK! I think I remember what you're talking about... Say, have you ever tried Winamp? ;)

Winamp > Windows Media Player....

I only use Windows Media Player for watching "naughty" movies.... :o:P so i don't screw up my playlist