New Generic USB Mass Storage Device Drivers

Gape

Hi all,

I attached a new Generic USB Mass Storage Device Drivers for you. These drivers will be probably in the 2.0. I think it supports all basic (bulk only) USB MSDs.

If you have any USB MSD, please test it on Windows 98/98 SE, and write the result in this topic.

(Thanks to DuckDaffy).

usbmsd.zip

This package contains only drivers and they are compatible with 1.6.2.

You can use these drivers with USB flash disks. But it should also support some mobile phones like Nokia NGage, and some USB digital cameras.

All drivers of Windows 9x are in the \Windows\Inf.

Extract it somewhere. Copy INF file into \Windows\Inf, SYS file into \Windows\System32\Drivers, PDR file into \Windows\System\Iosubsys.

To remove these drivers, delete these files.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did anyboy try these drivers? Does it work? If it works, please write your USB device's type-brand name-model.

1st tell me after installing the sp2beta may i have still have to install a separate driver for my usb driver in win98se or it will detcect and install it automatically as xp and me. But after installing the sp2beta3 i m having prob with Usb mass storage divice. when i plugin my usb storage device the message appear that windows is installing the usb mass storage device but it hangs in there i have tried it in 2 system but the same error happens.i have intel d815eea2 P3 mainboard with 256 mb of ram. and in athird system it ask for the mass storage device driver location form where it can install it and ask for ufd.sys file. any solution? plzzzzzz help me in this matter i wanna use my usb device as we can use it in me and xp

Type:USB Flash Drive

Brand Name:RamBO

Capacity:128mb