HELP! with a simple Video Card

belluso_316

ok here is the problem. i have this Mobo and AMD with a regular hard drive and 256 DDR Ram. as you can see this mobo dont have an integrated video, so i buy this cheap video card cause this pc is not for gaming or movies just internet and work. but here is when i get stuck the video card cd dont have the drivers for WinXP and i dont have driver for the card so the computer is not working so good.

i try to put the 2000 drivers but didnt work it mess up the windows and i make a fresh install but still no video driver, can somebody help me or tell me where i can find the driver i need for this card??? :} ohhh and plz try to be specific on the web sites thanks a lot for any help

this is taken from http://www.ati.com/products/faqs/windowsxpfaq.html

Q13: Where can I get Windows® XP drivers for the ATI graphics chip in my laptop/notebook? 

A13: Products based on ATI’s MOBILITY™ product line, including RAGE MOBILITY P™, RAGE MOBILITY M™ and RAGE LT PRO™, are supported by a generic graphics driver included on the Windows® XP release CD.

The basic driver on the Windows® XP CD may not offer some of the custom features provided by the manufacturer of your laptop. Some examples are OpenGL® or custom control panels.

In some cases, the generic driver may not function properly to provide basic graphics support and a specific driver, released by the laptop manufacturer, may be required for any support under this operating system.

Please contact the manufacturer of your laptop/notebook computer to determine whether Windows® XP is supported on your system and to determine which drivers to use.

Due to the number of driver customizations required to support each specific laptop/notebook computer design, ATI is unable to provide laptop/notebook drivers direct to end-users. Please check with your laptop/notebook manufacturer for assistance.

Return the video card and get something with at least Radeon or GeForce chipset as that card is for a laptop and the mobo you got is not. Try getting at least an NForce FX-5700 or an ATI-9600 for compatibility with directx 9. Even if your not using it for gaming/videos, some of your buisness needs in the future may require the directx 9 compatibility, which Windows XP SP-2 uses. I also reccomend increasing your memory at least another 256MB, you'll notice a great improvement in overall speed.