switch for soundblaster driver

i am searching and searching and searching for a switch for soundblaster driver. the search here really sucks... soundblaster=no result, sound blaster=worm blaster result, Soundblaster= give me the result i am searching for but no useable switches (i mean not for my driver). why is the search casesentive?

it is a OEMCD so the cd is only for one pc. i have try the follow switches /QB /QN /S /SILENT /? -S i also use the USSF switchfinder and it replies to me with error unknown format.

i am gonna mad now, who can help me?

I was able to do that, a long time ago.

However i am away from home and will be able to check that only during next weekend. I´ll post the code for you.

Meanwile, what´s your sound blaster sound card? What version of the drivers, Live! Ware are you triyng to install?

I was able to do that, a long time ago.

However i am away from home and will be able to check that only during next weekend. I´ll post the code for you.

Meanwile, what´s your sound blaster sound card? What version of the drivers, Live! Ware are you triyng to install?

the card is SB Live 5.1 digital from dell. the driver is 23 mb and called drvsetup.

http://nl.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

i have found the rightest working method :)

To silently install a package that uses InstallShield, you will have to first create a setup.iss file on a working operating system. Use a test PC if you can.

1. Start the setup application using the -R (case-sensitive) switch from command prompt.

e.g:

Setup.exe -R

2. The setup screens will appear as they normally would, asking you questions as you go along, such as destination directory, etc. It's important that you do not choose the "Restart the computer now" option. If you do, you will terminate your batch when you run an unattended installation.

3. After installation has completed, go to your C:\Windows\ (or C:\WINNT\) directory and take out the setup.iss file. Put this setup.iss file in the same directory where your application setup.exe file resides in.

4. Start the Silent installation using:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Application\Application_name\Setup.exe -s

i see several times talking about setup.iss but when looking in the driver directory i dont notice any setup.iss so i thought it was only included for other soundblaster driver and this one dont have. but now i understand i have to create by myself :whistle:

i hope this information help other people, this works fine for a soundblaster 5.1 digital (dell)

please note there is a BIG difference with the driver for 1024 and 5.1 digital (dell). the 5.1 driver have one subdirectorie and running setup.exe will install EVERYTHING (such as controlpanel, mixer, diagnostic, driver and go so on) For 1024 you have to create more lines and commands to install everything.

My card is a Sound Blaster Live! Player 1024! But the unattended install method should be identical. Maybe tomorrow i wil be at home, and then i will check that for you. Just be patient.

i have the same card as you too, Sound Blaster Live! Player 1024 and please let me show your method. my method never works and i have deleted it.

Man wait for tomorrow!

I have tested that and it didn´t work too!

My method is very different from that one.

ermmm... i dont mean you have to tell me now immediality.... :blink:

and also maybe you dont understand: i am talking about 2 cd. one for my pc which have SB Live! 1024 and one for my friend dell pc which have SB 5.1 digital. and with "my method" i dont mean the way of installing 5.1 but such as if cxtapxx.exe /s (cant remember me very well)

• 1 month later...