HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

@sonic: I used to do it almost the same way, but it installs all the updates, even when they are already installed. That's why I use my script.

Other question: where did you get the updateV6 exe?

(I need the dutch one)

Does 894391 supersede 873333 ?

no, on fresh install Windows Update list each hofixes (894391 & 873333).

You are right 873333 does show up on a fresh SP2 install but i dont think its needed if u install 894391. I have checked it and maybe somebody can confirm. So 894391 does indeed supersede 873333

Both these updates contain exactly the same files, which of course are newer version in 894391.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894391

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms05-012.mspx

Edited by studguy1

@sonic

Thanks for the ino, i have created my cmd file, and it works fine. i have also added in the Windows Update V6. and now looking for a uk version of the

"genuine advantage fix"

any ideas

@sonic: I used to do it almost the same way, but it installs all the updates, even when they are already installed. That's why I use my script.

I think if the time is no needed and if you havn't any hacked/themed files you can reinstall patchs, it isn't a problem :thumbup (fresh new files can't damage the system, imho).

++

@ sonic

Fantasic - i guess becasuse i have alreadyu installed via windows update site, then it want run again, as when i double click on it i get the prompt to run, but nothing happens....

thanks everso for all your help, i can now re-install everything and have no worries.... :thumbup

A quote from ms

If update rollup 873377, update rollup 889669, or an Internet Explorer hotfix that was released after security bulletin MS04-038 is not installed, and if you want to install the hotfixes that are included in update rollup 896727, you must follow the instructions in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 897225. Otherwise, all Internet Explorer hotfixes that you have installed will be removed.
The update rollup 896727 installer verifies whether one or more of the files that are being updated on the computer have previously been updated by an Internet Explorer hotfix. However, the installer detects only hotfixes that were released after security bulletin MS04-038, after update rollup 873377, or after update rollup 889669. Therefore, if you have installed update rollup 873377, update rollup 889669, or an Internet Explorer hotfix that was released after update rollup 873377, the update rollup 896727 installer automatically installs the hotfixes and the security updates that are included in update rollup 896727.

Everyone clear on that? Unbelievable.

Update for Windows XP (KB886540)

Info:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Direct Download (Bypass the Crap :) )

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.as...540-x86-ENU.exe

Installation of the Media Pack will ensure that software programs and Web sites that rely on Windows files not included in Windows XP Home Edition N or Windows XP Professional N will work properly.

So not for normal Windows XP people. Basicly it's the same excact thing as WMP 9 as Ryan below mentions. Yeah forgot the important part. :blushing:

Edited by war59312

What about these SP2-POST hotfixes:

KB873374 -› Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool

Download -› 216 KB (September 21, 2004)

Switches: KB873374.exe /Q:A /R:N (HALT BOX)

import this registry setting instead:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GdiDetectionTool" /v "GDITool" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f

and
KB890830 -› Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (v1.7)

Download -› 622 KB (August 8, 2005)

Switches: KB890830.exe /q (cannot use the /integrate; option)

Can nLite intergrate them?

Or I have to install them as stand-alones with silent install?

Thx in adance

The extracted files all appear to be the same as the vanilla XPSP2 WMP9.

Whoops forgot important part. lol

Edited by war59312