HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

KB925672 is coming up for me on update. Its for

Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 when installed on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

I guess i need both KB925672 and KB924191

Does KB925672 replace anything?

You've installed other Microsoft Product before update, isn't it ?

tnx HULK, ;)

but is a important fix for most user, the question born because not integrated by ryan and not present in your the list likely "fantastic suggested update!! :D "... is not present on WU or MU, is a "dark" update and resolve a big bug introduced in SP2.

regards

theSLug

tnx HULK, ;)

but is a important fix for most user, the question born because not integrated by ryan and not present in your the list likely "fantastic suggested update!! :D "... is not present on WU or MU, is a "dark" update and resolve a big bug introduced in SP2.

regards

theSLug

You know, learning how to research things would be a useful skill ;). If you read the KB article, you'll see what file is updated. Now extract my pack. Notice that same file? Now look at the version numbers. Which is newer?

mmmkay?

@ Sonic Im sorry i don't understand what you mean

IMHO,

KB925672 is for XML Core Service 4.0 (which isn't an update of 3.0) and which isn't in WinXP SP2.

KB924191 is for XML Core Service 3.0 which is in WinXP SP2.

It's same way as .NET FrameWork. The 2.0 .NET FrameWork isn't an update of the 1.1 .NET FrameWork.

A patch for .NET FrameWork 2.0 is only for the 2.0.

For 1.1 .NET FrameWork there are other updates.

I hope you understant what I think ...

You know, learning how to research things would be a useful skill ;). If you read the KB article, you'll see what file is updated. Now extract my pack. Notice that same file? Now look at the version numbers. Which is newer?

mmmkay?

tnx... but is a mistake master.

on the left the installed ohci1394.sys, at right the ohci1394.sys of your pack.

is a nlited xp installation without che MS KB885222-v2 but ryanrulez pack installed. You recognize the file version? :wacko:

abigmistakeru3.th.png

excuseme for the great OT. :whistle:

theSLug. :hello:

Let me make this simple for you.

ohci1394.dll included in my pack: build 2738

ohci1394.dll included in KB885222: build 2549

:hello:

tnx ryan, but the KB885222 not installed in the system of screenshot, only your pack is installed, and the version on the system is the "OLD" build 2549, not 2738, this is the mistake. :angel

"blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

theSLug

Hello,

I installed all the fixes with the SVCPack.inf and i had to problems:

GDI Tool at the begining said that it had nothing to upgrade (like msn live or other), but exactly before the hotfixes i put the installation of WMP10 & Live Messenger... At the end of the setup i had a confirmation dialog 'where to extract the inetserv files' and i had to press ok. How can i skip it? I'm trying the fullunattended.

this is that i have:

[setupHotfixesToRun]"MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:""setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"""

MsnMsgs.msi /QB

gdidet.exe /Q:A /R:N

KB873339.exe /q /n /z

Edited by ChromeX

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING NEWS!

***********************************************************************************

This topic will be closed soon! After 2 years at the wheel, I decided to offer my work to the_guy and he accepted the job!

So here is the "new" Hotfixes topic: HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4 and WinXP SP2

***********************************************************************************