HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

@ Slycer - yes, you need only SP2

About the hotfixes - it really depends of what you remove with nLite.

Example: when you remove wordpad you don't need the wordpad hotfix anymore.

Also: different versions of WMP (9, 10 etc...) require different hotfixes.

So it's a little bit complicated :whistle:

What I did was:

Started to read this thread from the beginning, downloading the listed updates and then delete some of them when it was written some update is replaced by other update.

Now I have all hotfixes I need for my nLited WinXP :)

Being said this I really hope this thread will be updated so that I can continue to be up-to-date and know which hotfixes are not needed anymore.

:hello:

Edited by rado354

You can found this links in the file C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log, if you have downloaded the files from the Win Update Site. ;)

Edited by ari

I have two questions concernig the Incroyable HULK's list of hotfixes:

1) Do the hotfixes for Windows XP Professional SP2 work also for Windows XP Home Edition SP2?

2) Incroyable Hulk wrote: "WITH Windows Media Player 10 & MSN Messenger 7 installed", but I am working on the original copy of Windows XP, using nLite, and thus I will install WMP 10 and MSN Messenger 7 only after the installation of the OS, so, I do not want to integrate wrong hotfixes, what have I to do?

1. Yes

2. Some of the hotfixes listed by hulk apply to media player 10 that is why he says the fixes apply to windows with media player 10 if you do not instal media player 10 then some of the hotfixes are not needed. if you're installing wmp10 after xp is installed rather than with an unatteded setup then make sure the hotfixes for wmp10 are installed after wmp10

Alright well on the main hotfix page under the xp updates section right before the windows 2000 section you can download NON-CRITICAL UPDATES FOR WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 that file lists 11 fixes called Windows media fixes that are all for windows media player some are for wmp9 as well as 10 but if your not using media player you dont have wmp on your system you dont have to install any of those.

as for the thing about messenger as far as i know non of the windows patches address msn messenger so i wouldnt really worry about that. messenger 8 is out now anyway.

you can download NON-CRITICAL UPDATES FOR WINDOWS XP PRO SP2

I will integrate only CRITICAL hotfixes. Which ones must not be installed, if I have not WMP 10?

as for the thing about messenger as far as i know non of the windows patches address msn messenger so i wouldnt really worry about that.

I agree with you... But now I cannot understand why Incroyable HULK wrote that advice... :unsure:

Thank you, cumminbk! :)

Edited by Demo