KB913446

KB911927

KB911565 (WMP 9 & 10)

KB911564 (WMP 9 & 10)

KB890830 (Removal Tool February)

Please take note that KB893066 is no longer required

I'll update the first page soon

Edited by Incroyable HULK

In the Windows folder of my current installation there is a hidden folder named "$hf_mig$" it appears to me to contain a complete copy of every update that "Automatic Updates" has downloaded and installed on my computer since I last installed from my unattended CD with SP2 integrated. Does anyone have any comments on using these to track any new updates that might be required and integrate them with the CD image before re-installing?

Edited by stillwitt

Hi ppl,

I am sorry if this has been answered before.. but i cannot find any reference to it in the forum. My problem is I dont know whether my "hotfix" slipstreaming has worked or not. My CD was originally a SP1 slipstreamed version. Then using the guide I integrated SP2. For the hotfix addition, I used RyanYM's hotfix pack and the RVM Integrator. Using CDIMAGE GUI, i made a bootable iso and created a VM on VMware workstation. Although the unattended installation goes without a hitch.... I cannot ascertain whether the slipstreaming has worked or not. There is nothing... absolutely nothing in the add/remove programs box (even with the update checkbox enabled). I cannot use automatic updates as I dont know how to setup the internet connection on the VM. (mine is an ADSL conn..and i use RASPPOE for the WAN miniport driver).

I'd really appreciate if some1 could help me out.

:(

Hi ppl,

I am sorry if this has been answered before.. but i cannot find any reference to it in the forum. My problem is I dont know whether my "hotfix" slipstreaming has worked or not...I'd really appreciate if some1 could help me out.:(

Microsoft has released a command-line tool named QFECheck.exe that gives network administrators increased ability to track and verify installed Windows 2000 and Windows XP hotfixes. This tool provides the following benefits:

• This tool helps customers who thought they had properly installed an update, but had not, and are now experiencing a problem. Previously, it was somewhat difficult to identify which fixes were installed on a computer. This simple tool easily enumerates all of the installed fixes by Microsoft Knowledge Base article number. Customers can then confirm that they have installed the appropriate set of fixes before using a valuable support incident and potentially experiencing unplanned down time.

• Many companies identify a common set of fixes that are required for all servers in a given data center. To help ensure that Windows 2000 and Windows XP hotfixes are applied in a consistent manner across many servers, this tool allows you to create logs for each computer in your organization that show which fixes are installed. Once those logs are created, you can easily scan them for consistency.

• There are rare situations in which, because of a network problem, a problem with the update itself, or a subsequent update that improperly overwrites a previous fix, updates could be damaged or removed in error. This tool ensures that not only have the fixes been installed, but that they are current on the computer.

• Microsoft has noted a significant correlation between maintaining a consistent platform across organizations and the overall stability and uptime of those systems. Microsoft believes that using this tool to regularly audit computers is a best practice that will help customers achieve higher reliability on their computers.

I'm sorry I can't help you further with your problem, I do not use the tools you mentioned.

Hi ppl,

I am sorry if this has been answered before.. but i cannot find any reference to it in the forum. My problem is I dont know whether my "hotfix" slipstreaming has worked or not. My CD was originally a SP1 slipstreamed version. Then using the guide I integrated SP2. For the hotfix addition, I used RyanYM's hotfix pack and the RVM Integrator. Using CDIMAGE GUI, i made a bootable iso and created a VM on VMware workstation. Although the unattended installation goes without a hitch.... I cannot ascertain whether the slipstreaming has worked or not. There is nothing... absolutely nothing in the add/remove programs box (even with the update checkbox enabled). I cannot use automatic updates as I dont know how to setup the internet connection on the VM. (mine is an ADSL conn..and i use RASPPOE for the WAN miniport driver).

I'd really appreciate if some1 could help me out.

:(

Read the FAQ on my site. You'll find the answer to your question ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/13781792/feb14.rar.html

README.txt

KB873339.exe

KB885222.exe

KB885250.exe

KB885626.exe

KB885835.exe

KB885836.exe

KB886185.exe

KB886677.exe

KB887742.exe

KB887797.exe