HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Can someone please make a clear post of wich Hotfixes have been replaced!?

Thanks all!

The thing is that I get the list from Windows Update on a clean install under simulation... so if the hotfixes are showing up on Windows Update, I keep them on the list... no matter what.

IE Cum Update KB896688 installed fine on my desktop but just refused to install on my laptop. I've cleaned out all the temp/IE temp files etc. and tried another admin account and in Safe Mode but still failed.

I've tried using manually running the exe and Microsoft Update. After the exe is extracted the update window flashed and disappeared and an error box says Setup Failed. With MU it just says Installation failure: Error Code 0x80242008. I tried looking up this code without luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated. It's never happened before.

For the even lazier group. ;)

SP3 Oct. 11th 2005 Hot Fixes Self Installer (For English Window XP SP2 Only)

http://www.willsdownloads.com/b1friends/SP...20Installer.exe

Size: 19.3 MB (20,276,879 bytes)

Enjoy,

Will

PS: Still uploading. :thumbup

Please help me to get this HOTFIX is not that i am lazy, the problem is i cant validate to ge the **** Windows Installer. :o

Hey,

Well that's an easy one. ;)

Direct Link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.as...3803-v2-x86.exe

Enjoy,

Will

Edited by war59312

REVISED HOTFIXES:

MS05-050: Bulletin updated to provide additional clarity around DirectX versions in the "Affected Software" section.

Users running DirectX 9.0c on Windows XP SP2 should be advised that their configuration is also affected and should consider apply the security patch.

MS05-052: Bulletin updated to revise the log file name, uninstall directory name, and install registry key name for the Internet Explorer Service Pack 1 security update.

IE Cum Update KB896688 installed fine on my desktop but just refused to install on my laptop. I've cleaned out all the temp/IE temp files etc. and tried another admin account and in Safe Mode but still failed.

I've tried using manually running the exe and Microsoft Update. After the exe is extracted the update window flashed and disappeared and an error box says Setup Failed. With MU it just says Installation failure: Error Code 0x80242008. I tried looking up this code without luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated. It's never happened before.

Are you sure all the nessecary services are not disabled: Automatic Updates (Auto), Background Intelligent Transfer (Manual), Cryptographic (Auto). I had a similar problem once, made sure those services were ok and it worked.

Can someone please make a clear post of wich Hotfixes have been replaced!?

Thanks all!

The thing is that I get the list from Windows Update on a clean install under simulation... so if the hotfixes are showing up on Windows Update, I keep them on the list... no matter what.

Exactly. Ill download em all too. Like you said, if they are still showing on WU better keep em all!

Are you sure all the nessecary services are not disabled: Automatic Updates (Auto), Background Intelligent Transfer (Manual), Cryptographic (Auto). I had a similar problem once, made sure those services were ok and it worked.

Thanks for your reminder. No success even with these running. Someone has exactly this problem on MS Newsgroup:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/ne...&sloc=en-us&p=1

My log files also said the same.

I've tried extracting the exe, opened and edited the GDR and QFE infs (removing the offending sections). This time it got a bit further with the Setup window displaying to the EULA page then halted with the message:

Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.

But the service is running. The log files now says "IsInfFileTrusted: ValidateSingleFileSignature Failed:: STR_FAILED_INF_INTEGRITY".

The other 7 updates also installed fine, which makes it so strange.

[EDIT] I've also tried cleaning the CatRoot folder:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=58062

Edited by Takeshi

Ok. After selecting 6 of the new Hotfixes that were released (I only selected 6, cause thats the ones I need), I got the following results.

Updates I selected:

The ones that got replaced:

902400 replaced 873333

900725 replaced 893086

905749 replaced 899588

Incroyable HULK tested on a clean install, and they still show up on WU list, so replace them at your own risk.

However, if someone could try again on a clean install, with them replaced by the new ones, we could see if the replacements are doing his job or not.

Cya all.

EDIT: This is for XP PRO SP2

Edited by Gouki

Pretty easy, download all the updates, put them in one folder, write a script to see if the update is allready installed, make a 7z file of all the updates and the script. Convert the 7z file to a self extracting exe and execute the script.

Need meer info on how to create the exe? (7zip includes a help file :P )

I have some question:

Why Ryan Update Pack, AutoPatcher XP, XPSP3-Preview from s.p.a.m.net, Windows Update, Windows Update Catalog, and others, have diferent hotfixes? They should to be the same, but none of them are equals. Ryan said that his update have all post XPSP2, s.p.a.m too, AutoPatcher, as I know, just have the hotfixes listed on Windows Update and I went to the Microsoft Download Center and searched for updates, a list of 188 updates was showed for my language and 424 updates for english. Thats a huge number!

I want to make an update pack for Brazilian Portuguese, like Ryan's, but I am not concerned about what list of hotfixes to folow. Any help?

thanks guys