HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Hi, thanks HULK for your helpfull post ! :)

some questions about w2k sp4/rollup 1 :

. is 893066 still necessary, as ms says rollup1 integrates this patch ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891861/en-us

. how do you :realmad: QUICKLY know on ms site that KB885492 (for example.. I don't find infos about an update of this one) is deprecated ?

. 816093 (msjavwu.exe MS virtual machine)seems required ... ? out of the scope of your post, or another reason I missed ?

. ms04-028 (833989 for ie6, jpeg buffer overflow) and 870669 adodb not mentionned in wupdate (v4), wheras I don't installed them.. corrected in another patch ?

sorry if if missed something (first post, don't sleep at all since sunday :zzz: this is an unattended night for me.. )

by the way, googling for hours, this is the greatest site I found until now ! :thumbup

Jerome

et bonjour au Quebec !

yes! For me too the WindowsUpdate website is more accurate for check post service pack hotfixes. And nobody has a solution for hide WindowsMessenger form WU ?! :blushing:

Goodbye.

the updates on wu are only critical for windows....so that's why not all from here appear on wu. the others just update files form windows or just add registry entries but they are not critical.

@sonic

as for windows messenger not to show up on your wu page go expand it and see that it has an option there that says: Don't show this update again. that is it....

Edited by boooggy

KB892130 is the download to activate the new Genuine Windows Advantage. I could not find it by searching the Microsoft site. Would be good to add if anyone can find it!

the tool to checking the originality of system Windows ( (KB892130):WGAInstall.exe

On present moment download with internet this file is not possible.Accessible only across Windows Update. File be downloaded to this location:C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install\

the tool to checking the originality of system Windows ( (KB892130):WGAInstall.exe

On present moment download with internet this file is not possible.Accessible only across Windows Update. File be downloaded  to this location:C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install\

Yeah, maybe not from Microsoft, but try this:

Link removed in favor of Microsoft one below

By the way, it runs silently with no parameters needed!

Edited by BeenThereB4

Microsoft URL:

www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/wgainstall_9160b6b3929938243b7d18417810677d9b9983b7.exe

I'm not sure why the URL seems to have what appears to be a much older date in it. I got this URL while updating one of my PCs. I added this file to my unattended cd and reinstalled Windows on my test machine. I'm no longer asked to install the WGA software (892130).

EDIT:

Looks like the board formatting is converting some of the characters in the URL to HTML so I removed the link. You'll have to copy and paste the URL into your browser. Sorry.

EDIT 2:

For some reason the board is adding a space before the wgainstall_9160b6b3929938243b7d18417810677d9b9983b7.exe portion of the URL. You'' have to remove that in order to download the update.

Edited by utln

Microsoft URL:

www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/wgainstall_9160b6b3929938243b7d18417810677d9b9983b7.exe

I'm not sure why the URL seems to have what appears to be a much older date in it.  I got this URL while updating one of my PCs.  I added this file to my unattended cd and reinstalled Windows on my test machine.  I'm no longer asked to install the WGA software (892130).

EDIT:

Looks like the board formatting is converting some of the characters in the URL to HTML so I removed the link.  You'll have to copy and paste the URL into your browser.  Sorry.

EDIT 2:

For some reason the board is adding a space before the wgainstall_9160b6b3929938243b7d18417810677d9b9983b7.exe portion of the URL.  You'' have to remove that in order to download the update.

Post here if this Microsoft link works for you, then I'll remove mine!