HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

A new Non-Critical XP SP2 Update:

Windows XP TV tuner program stops responding .....

God !

before SP2 i have problems with MSI 8606.

excellent tvtunner, my opinion .

but in some configs , especially intels P4 , moving between

channels => complete FREEZE of the computer .

only one solution : hardware reset . money back some customers ....

will help me this patch ?

will help me this patch ?

It never hurts to try.

But because you said you already had that problem before SP2 and Microsoft states only SP2 as affected I think it won't solve your problem.

Microsoft still officially supports SP1, so I think that if it was also affected they would have provided a patch for SP1 as well.

hi i ran a autoupdate and it change twext.dll 6.0.3800.2180 to 6.0.3800.2627 anyone know what hotfix it is becouse it keep crashing My Network Places on 2 pc so copy old ver of other pc back and all ok ? :S

a new update.

Update for Windows XP (KB896626)

An issue has been identified with your Windows-based system that may cause problems when a DirectShow TV tuner program is tuned to receive a Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) video stream on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

a new update.

An issue has been identified with your Windows-based system that may cause problems when a DirectShow TV tuner program is tuned to receive a Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) video stream on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.

KB896626 -› Windows XP TV tuner program stops responding or displays corrupted video

Download -› 595 KB (May 13, 2005)

Switches: KB896626.exe /q /n /z

I already posted that one. :)

a new update.

KB896626 -› Windows XP TV tuner program stops responding or displays corrupted video

Download -› 595 KB (May 13, 2005)

Switches: KB896626.exe /q /n /z

I already posted that one. :)

Sorry

Thank you!!! I was wondering why when I the Windows Installer 3.1 showed up as a critical update even after I slipstreamed it into my setup! I didn't know/notice it is a v2 file now.

PS: I haven't tried slipstreaming v2 of the Windows Installer 3.1 yet, but it is now set to go into my list of updates for my next install.

I also noticed Microsoft removed Windows Installer 3.1 from it's download site, Windows Update and that it's no longer available through SUS.

After some searching I came accross KB894199

May 10, 2005

Updated KB890830 and Removed KB893803 for WinXP SP2

Added KB894320 and Removed KB893803 for Win2K SP4

Why is KB893803 removed from the list?

there were problems with certain installpackages and windows installer 3.1 so it was removed. since yesterday (i believe) there is a v2 of windows installer 3.1 out as you can see in the posts above yours.

KB894391 -› FIX: DBCS attachment file names are not displayed in Rich Text e-mail messages and you may receive a "Generic Host Process" error message after you install security update MS05-012.

Download -› 2029 KB (May 18, 2005)

Switches: KB894391.exe /q /n /z