HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

muahahahha ryan :hello:

hey remember last time we added a reg key to stop the malicious software removal tool for April from popping up? Anyway to supress that message again after I acutually installed the patch?

The same?

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemovalTools\MRT" /v "Version" /t REG_SZ /d "D89EBFD1-262C-4990-9927-5185FED1F261" /f

Then again I dont really understand the question. Since if you install the patch it should not ask again to install.

Could be a bug though. See lots of people in beta newsgroups having the problem.

Beside ryanvm, anybody here knows a site where hosts all winxp POST SP2 hotfixes because I want to manually do it without using any software.

I know 1 of our users does it but don't remember the link.

if you know, pls let me know.

thank you

Any chance we can get a list of updates for Windows XP Media Center 2005? (such as a list of updates that MCE2005 needs/doesn't need, I know it's based on Professional...)

List of MCE 2005 updates (go to: Windows Update Catalog, and select Windows XP SP2, then type "Media Center" in the search box to find them)

windowsxpmediacenter2005-kb873369-enu.exe

KB888316_enu.exe

As far as I know, you can't find one of those updates in the MS Download Center (They made it only available on Windows Update, what do they know... ;-) )

Hi there... I'm a noob here, so if I mess up forgive me at least one time, ok? :)

Dunno if it was pointed, but in W2K update section, the item (the first one, actually):

KB890923 -› Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

Download -› 3.91 MB (April 11, 2005)

Switches: KB890923.exe /passive /norestart /quiet

The download link leads to the French thank you page at ms site.

The correct link (I think) should be:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=92e5a83d-9131-4b20-915a-a444c51656dc

Regards and thanks a lot for the priceless info you've provided me!

just wondering if anyone knows what's happening with Security Update for Windows XP (KB885835), I've been trying to download it for the lasy day, but the MS site will not load it.

link

I guess, I'm just hoping they've took it down, to fix the problem with integrating it with KB885250

<Edit>

Reading RyanVM page, it says that this update is obsolete, so is the first post wrong or not up to date?

It was apparently superseded by KB885936

I was led to believe we needed both 885250 and 885835, but with an RyanVM Pack installed system, Windows Update says it's got everything.

</Edit>