HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

During the unattended install in Gui mode where it's finalizing the installation (where it installs the svcpack.inf listed updates) I keep getting a window asking the location to unpack files with the path filled in as:

\windows\system32\inetsrv

Does anyone know which update is responsible for this and how to silently accept this default path?

(btw - I'm using the direct listing of exe's in the svcpack.inf, and not using the integrate method)

You are probably using the qchain.exe that can be downloaded from Microsoft. This exe file is actually a self-extracting archive that contains the real qchain.exe file. If that's the case, simply extract the file and the overwrite the existing exe with the one you extracted. As I understand it, this file is largely unecessary with the latest updates though, so you may just want to delete it outright.

Thanks! This is what I get for trying to do this the right way for an enterprise. LOL Can't use the update pack in a corp. environment. :(

Fresh new updates availables!

Here is the Results for Windows XP SP2

*** NEW ***

KB893086

KB893066

KB890923

KB890859

KB893803 (Windows Installer 3.1)

Take note that KB890047 & KB867282 are no longer necessary and that KB890830 (removal tool) has evolved to version 1.3 (April Edition)...

I'll update the first page soon...

Maintenance task:

1. Integrate hotfixes:
    helpctr.ex_
    http.sy_
    ipnat.sy_
    mrxsmb.sy_
    rdbss.sy_
    shell32.dl_
    win32k.sy_
    ntkrnlpa.ex_
    ntkrnlmp.ex_
    ntkrpamp.ex_
    ntoskrnl.ex_
    authz.dl_
    shlwapi.dl_
    user32.dl_
    winsrv.dl_
    shdocvw.dl_
    mshtml.dl_
    msrating.dl_
    iepeers.dl_
    inseng.dl_
    browseui.dl_
    cdfview.dl_
    wininet.dl_
    urlmon.dl_
    tcpip.sy_
    msi.dl_
    msimsg.dl_
    msisip.dl_
    msihnd.dl_
    msiexec.ex_

2. Use the reg from the previus post
  3. Test on WU: No updates found!

Fresh clean install using New RyanVM pack 1.21 medium, Windows Update states fully up to date. This install additionally included the new cab for BTS WMP slipstreamer method.

Thanks Ryan.

Just one thing to mention, the pack cannot be used correctly yet using nLite, as Ryans site will tell you it requires nlite 0.99.9, but the current version at the time of writing is nLite v0.99.8 beta 5. You will therefore need to follow the manual integration instructions until nuhi updates.