HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Yes, you can use the same distribution folder without going through the whole process again...

There is many way to add WMP10 into your distribution... here is mine

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "MS Windows Media Player 10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Applications\MediaPlayer\WMP10.exe /Q:A /C:\"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore\"" /f

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong trying to integrate KB885835

when I run this

C:\XPCD-SP2Updates\WindowsXP-KB885835-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\ZZXPCD

I get this error

kbupdate.gif

Also I seem to have integrated all the updates but as many have posted on this thread I am having issues with

KB885835

KB890830

I am still confused after reading for a few hours on these two. It would be nice if there were instructions on the ones that do not work with /integrate swith right on the front page here. It is frustrating to spend hours searching the thread if someone has already gone through the pain and solved it. If the answer is already posted somewhere can someone show me where I missed it?

Here is what my svcpack.inf looks like:

[CatalogHeader]

[Version]
BuildNumber=2600
MinorVersion=1
MajorVersion=5
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\I386\svcpack"
[SetupHotfixesToRun]
KB890047.exe /q /n /z
KB888302.exe /q /n /z
KB888113.exe /q /n /z
KB887742.exe /q /n /z
KB886185.exe /q /n /z
KB885836.exe /q /n /z
KB885626.exe /q /n /z
KB885250.exe /q /n /z
KB873339.exe /q /n /z
KB873333.exe /q /n /z
KB867282.exe /q /n /z
KB890830.exe /q
KB890175.exe /q /n /z
KB891781.exe /q /n /z
[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
KB890047.cat
KB888302.cat
KB888113.cat
KB887742.cat
KB886185.cat
KB885836.cat
KB885626.cat
KB885250.cat
KB873339.cat
KB873333.cat
KB867282.cat
KB890175.cat
KB891781.cat

I finally added

KB890830.exe /q

manually and put the file in my svcpack folder.

Dennis

Dennis - that question's been answered numerous times in this thread. KB890830 is NOT a hotfix, therefore it can't be integrated. If you want to mimic the effect, add the registry entry on the previous page to make it disappear from WindowsUpdate.

Ryan,

I have read that answer many times about this being answered many times. But the point is it is still not clear. The only reg add I see on the front page is for this

KB873374 -› Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool

Download -› 216 KB (September 21, 2004)

Switches: KB873374.exe /Q:A /R:N (HALT BOX)

import this registry setting instead:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GdiDetectionTool" /v "GDITool" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f

Are you saying that that registry entry also takes care of KB890830?

And what about KB885835? Any ideas why I am seeing that error?

Is there a certain order that the updates need to be integrated in?

Sorry for the hassel on this for the probably 100th time you have seen it, but if people are still asking this, then the many posts on it are still confusing. If there is a reg entry for KB890830 and it is the same for KB873374 then lets add that line to the KB890830, because at the moment the front page for KB890830 does not mention a reg add it only says cannot use integrate, which left me thinking ok so then what?

Dennis

You'll have to update your registry tweak every month to take care of KB890830... this is why I prefer to drop the new EXE in the svcpack folder every month so I don't have to care about changing the regtweak every month.

Just add it manually to svcpack.inf

Switches: KB890830.exe /q

You'll have to update your registry tweak every month to take care of KB890830...

Which reg tweak are you refering to? I feel like an id*** here, why am I not getting this? Or did I join the conversation way to late to get the picture.

The only reg tweak I have is

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GdiDetectionTool" /v "GDITool" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f

and as far as I know at this point it has NOTHING at all to do with KB890830. That reg tweak is to deal with KB873374 not KB890830.

If I am wrong then this thread needs some work for those trying to figure this out who came late to the party.

And I am still confused about KB885835, I did another clean XP SP2 test and applied my list of updates and KB885835 worked this time but then another update gave that error I posted in a screen shot above.

arrrrgh!

Dennis

Hulk - would you mind adding a note to KB890830 and KB873374 saying "THIS IS NOT AN INTEGRATABLE HOTFIX!!!!!11111one"? OK, I exagerated a bit, but you get the point. Since the question has been asked in this thread more times than I can count, it would help reduce confusion and thread clutter.

ahhh, the light is starting to flicker. OK so make another chalk mark on your board for another poster who did not read all 15 pages thourough enough.

Can you add that reg entry to the front page just like you did for

KB873374 -› Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool
Download -› 216 KB (September 21, 2004)
Switches: KB873374.exe /Q:A /R:N (HALT BOX)

Like this

*** NEW ***
KB890830 -› Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool V1.2
Download -› 256 KB (March 8, 2005)
Switches: KB890830.exe /q (cannot use the /integrate; option)
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemovalTools\MRT" /v "Version" /t REG_SZ /d "F8327EEF-52AA-439A-9950-CE33CF0D4FDD" /f

I think this will solve a lot of the confusion.

Dennis

I'm having the same problem as "dlevens". It seems to be a problem between KB885835 and KB885250.

They both update the "mrxsmb.sys" file. Funnily enough, the KB885250 has the latest version (contrary to the common belief that the higher the KB number, the more recent the update is).

I'm still yet to figure this problem out though.

I'm having the same problem as "dlevens". It seems to be a problem between KB885835 and KB885250.

They both update the "mrxsmb.sys" file. Funnily enough, the KB885250 has the latest version (contrary to the common belief that the higher the KB number, the more recent the update is).

Hi Everyone! :yes: I know how this problem can be resolved. And this is veryyyy easyyyy! :P do you want to know how to?

Hi Everyone!  :yes: I know how this problem can be resolved. And this is veryyyy easyyyy!  :P  do you want to know how to?

Interesting. Your very first post and you already want to lord the fact the you know something others don't over the other members? Maybe you joined the wrong forum; I always thought the point of this site was for people to get and offer help, not so smart-mouthed punks can preen themselves...

Check out this thread about these two hotfixes. I believe you will find a solution there. (Or just use RyanVM's wonderful update pack, as many of us lazy forumers do. :P)

[Check out this thread about these two hotfixes. I believe you will find a solution there. (Or just use RyanVM's wonderful update pack, as many of us lazy forumers do. :P)

You know i found the solution for this problem 3 months ago.

i've red post you gave a link to. Very intresting. But i just delete mrxsmb.sys from HFINT.DAT file and everything works fine.

I don't understand only one thing. Why you didn't post this link before? The post on that page is dated Feb 10 2005, 12:54 PM

BTW. I never used RyanVM update pack . It is English, so useless for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the reason why you put the *.cat files beneath the "[ProductCatalogsToInstall]" so the hotfixes will show up in the Software-list/Installed-programs in the end? And does this apply to all hotfixes?