HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

I didn't use nlite, i just extracted an oem xp sp2 to c:xpcd, then extracted ryan's 1.2 update to c:\xpcd\i386

then slipsteamed wmp10 as per 1.1 slipstreamer

then dumped the 4 files from site (sfc_os.dl_,syssetup.dl_,tcpip.sy_,uxtheme.dl_) into i386, then ran update cab

all went ok. bur got a signature error on first screen after reboot

i'll try it again without the 4 "hacked" files, but it "should" work

now that the first post is getting larger by the day, would it be possible to add anchor hrefs into the post so I don't have to scroll all the way past 2KSP4 and XPSP1 down to XPSP2 (yes - i know, i'm lazy).

a few links at the top of the post with the url to jump down the page would save me, ooh, about 5 seconds of scrolling. :rolleyes:

example: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...&p=218384#xpsp2

(don't click - it obviously won't work)

EDIT: actually, thinking about how urls are posted this would be impossible as anchors like <a name="xpsp2"> wouldn't be HTML encoded into the page. oh well, never mind.

I didn't use nlite, i just extracted an oem xp sp2 to c:xpcd, then extracted ryan's 1.2 update to c:\xpcd\i386

then slipsteamed wmp10 as per 1.1 slipstreamer

then dumped the 4 files from site (sfc_os.dl_,syssetup.dl_,tcpip.sy_,uxtheme.dl_) into i386, then ran update cab

all went ok. bur got a signature error on first screen after reboot

i'll try it again without the 4 "hacked" files, but it "should" work

My guess is it's the hacked syssetup.dll causing the problem. Try without that.

I'm going to do a quick test on my own and see what I can reproduce. If there's bad files, I'll remove them until I get ahold of working ones.

EDIT: Just integrated all 4 and haven't seen any problems. What stage of Windows setup are you seeing the errors at? I've made it to T33 with all of them and no issues (and I seem to remember fatal signature errors happening pretty much immediately at the beginning of GUI setup, like at T39)

EDIT2: I've got a couple hotfixes showing as needing to be reinstalled according to qfecheck, but that's to be expected when using hacked files.

EDIT3: Hmm, apparently I didn't copy syssetup.dll into i386 properly :blink:. I'm building a new ISO now. I'll get back to you.

Well just tried it without syssetup.dll and still get sig errors after rebooting the very first time during setup after it has copied all the files to the hard drive and then restarts to run setup from there.

So i Giess thats T39. Yeah the start of GUI setup right after you rebooted to start it.

Again I did not use nlite at all.

Ok, I removed all 4 hacked files back to oem, testing now...

can't go to ryan's forum because after registering my nick it sends me an email to confirm my nic registration

(Da no email with a dead pc)

will report my findings. thx

And for those of you who've integrated my Update Pack 1.2, I've heard anecdotally that the only people seeing this as something they need to install are the ones who've integrated it with nLite. Has anybody who integrated my pack manually seen this update show up as one that has to be installed?

I've upgraded to v1.2 from v1.0.5 which I had previously integrated manually. Checked out Windows Update and there are no critical updates showing. Only 4 optional ones (.NET, WMP 10, Journal Viewer and Windows Messenger 4.7) and 1 Optional hardware (Creative AudioPCI).

Hope this answers your question.

KB888111 - allows HD audio. it comes with the latest Realtek HD audio drivers in the MSHDQFE folder. There is one in it for win2003 and one fore xpsp1 and one for xpsp2.

-RyanVM, please add this to your update pack. i just started using it and it is the best!