HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Why did they use only the switches /q /n /z for WinXP SP2 patches at the beginning of this topic?

I ask this because if I start one of these patches with the /? switch, I'll get a popup box with (really all?) available ones and there e.g. /silent or /quiet are shown and not the /q /n /z variant (which is already used by the svcpack.inf after using the /integrate switch).

Can I use both variants and are they the same?

2 questions.

1 : can i use these hotfixes that can be downloaded here at this poll for sp1 also with an dutch version of XP pro

2 : if hotfixes that i want to install with SVCPACK.INF not beeing installed on t minus 13 ,could this be because i have the wrong hotfixes?i have done everything like it sais in the site and checked atleast 5 times

2 questions.

1 : can i use these hotfixes that can be downloaded here at this poll for sp1 also with an dutch version of XP pro

2 : if hotfixes that i want to install with SVCPACK.INF not beeing installed on t minus 13 ,could this be because i have the wrong hotfixes?i have done everything like it sais in the site and checked atleast 5 times

You should download the dutch versions of the hotfixes (if available), otherwise use the english ones.

I've been lurking for awhile and now that I'm doing alot of testing (most of which revolves around doing an OS re-install frequently) I decided to go unattended slipstream.

While it's worked perfectly (even combining MSFN Unattended Guide and Gosh reductions and jdeboeck's Removal cmd's) I've noticed two things.

The first happens even on a plain unattended slipstream. Task Manager no longer shows me the name of who is running what. While I have yet to notice any system problems arising from this (and my own testing has not gotten me to run something that wasn't supposed to be runable) I haven't really been worried about it, but very curious.

Secondly, I've noticed that MBSA lists items that are not on the main list. If MBSA lists items as a critical security update, why doesn't WU?

In conjunction with the second (though it may be counted as a third) I've noticed after updating my svcpack.inf that IE will now no longer display graphics on certain webpages and I cannot seem to determine (without a lot more extensive testing) which is doing it. Other browsers display the pages fine, and the images (once saved to local copies) load into IE and Preview just fine. Below is svcpack.inf for my XPSP1a cd. (yes, I know the Q's and KB's are missing in the file names. I did that on purpose)

[SetupHotfixesToRun]  
814078.exe /Q:A /R:N  
817787.exe /Q:A /R:N  (recommended by MBSA)
823182.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
823353.exe /Q:A /R:N  
824105.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
825119.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
826939.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
828035.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
828741.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
"832483.exe /C:""dahotfix.exe /q /n"" /q:a"  
833987.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
835732.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
837001.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
839645.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)
840315.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
840374.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
840987.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
841356.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
841533.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
841873.exe /Q /O /N /Z  
867282.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)
871250.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
873333.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
873376.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
873377.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)
885250.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)
885835.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
885836.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
888113.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)
888302.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)
889669.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
890047.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)  
890175.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
891711.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  (recommended by MBSA)
891781.exe /passive /norestart /quiet  
qchain.exe  
msxml3.exe /qn  (recommended by MBSA)(MSXML 3.0 SP5)
dxsetup.exe /silent

The MBSA recommended ones were added after a base install with the non-recommended ones flagged them. DX9.0c integrated, WMP still at default XP Gold version w/SP1a, no other updates than listed. The base install displays problem sites fine, so I'm pressuming it's one of the MBSA ones.

Incroyable HULK,

i'm not sure if my question was ANSWERED in the past BUT i'm going to ask you anyway. :D

is there a way that you can put all hotfixes in 1 zip or rar file and let me download so that i can UPDATE my current xp in my computer NOT the cd one.

I want to update my xp computer with all the latest and newest hotfixes while integrating then on my CD.

if you have it, please post a link here.

thanks

It helps to BACKREAD!

posted on page 10

Not on MY page 10 ... Don't forget, not everyone shows the same number of posts per page. But now, with this new skin, you can just quote the post number, you will find it on the right. Or just click on the number, and it will open a javascript prompt window with the URL right to that post! You could go to the trouble and cut and paste it! If YOU know where it is, please share!

Because I adjusted my settings to show 30 posts per page, instead of the default 10 per page. So, maybe we do, maybe we don't, depending on if you changed your settings. (OK, now I see it on my page 10, but perhaps not his.)

Just trying to point out that "on page number" is .. relative?