Blocking bittorrent forever

Unwonted

The guy next to me gets his internet free via my router, which I am gracious to provide. Web browsing doesn't get in my way; he uses very little bandwidth there. However, he constantly uses bittorrent and other P2P apps which suck all my upload speed up. How do I set my router to block bittorrent?

That all depends on whether or not your router can support bandwidth throttling... if not, you may be stuck, or you could ask your neighbor to turn down the max upload speed if that is an option (sorry, never used bittorent before), or limit the simultaneous number of uploads.

You can block them like this :

Start => Run => CMD
then type: c:\ipconfig /all

Then look at the defaultgateway, it should be someting like 192.168.1.1
then type in your address bar "http://192.168.1.1/"

You willbe prompted for a username and password, depending on your
Router, the default password could be different
Username: Admin
Password: Admin

then you have to find the port and block it...

blocking the ports may not work always. since in p2p apps like emule you can change your port. There isint much you can do unless your router allows bandwidth throttling or you setup a computer as a proxy (Pain in the a**) and configure rules there.

nothing you can really do about this... you either tell him to stop using p2p software or disconnect him. If you somehow did manage to block bittorent then he will just go to some other p2p...

and i wouldn't let anyone use my internet connection.. *i'm paranoid* but what if he went to illegal sites the ISP sees this and comes to you.....