I hate it, I hate it! It just don't works

JamieWolf

Hi Folks,

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong! Really!

I have a german XP Corparted Version of WinXP, I nLited it and then installed the complete driver Pack to be able to boot my SATA Controller and install WinXP.

But it just doesn't work :(

I have a VIA SATA Controller on Board on a MSI KT6 Delta FISR, but for some f***ing reason the CD doesn't load the drivers at the boot up process.

;
; Generated by nLite 0.99.1 beta 2
;

[Data]
MsDosInitiated = 0
UnattendedInstall = Yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch = Yes
OemPreinstall = Yes
OemSkipEula = Yes
ComputerType = "ACPI-Uniprozessor-PC", Retail
FileSystem = *
WaitForReboot = No
TargetPath = "\Windows"
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\M;Drivers\M\A;Drivers\M\A\6280;Drivers\M\A\6290;Drivers\M\A\67160;Drivers\M\A\671x;Drivers\M\A\6880;Drivers\M\A\6890;Drivers\M\A\68x5;Drivers\M\AD;Drivers\M\AD\aA;Drivers\M\AD\aar1210;Drivers\M\AD\i2o;Drivers\M\AD\u160;Drivers\M\AD\u320;Drivers\M\AD\u320r;Drivers\M\AL;Drivers\M\AM;Drivers\M\H;Drivers\M\H\hpt366;Drivers\M\H\hpt371;Drivers\M\H\hpt374;Drivers\M\H\hpt3xx;Drivers\M\H\rr182x;DriversDrivers\M\I\u320r;Drivers\M\IT;Drivers\M\L;Drivers\M\L\megaide;Drivers\M\L\mraid35x;Drivers\M\L\mylex;Drivers\M\L\symmpi;Drivers\M\N;Drivers\M\P;Drivers\M\P\fasttrak;Drivers\M\P\fasttx2k;Drivers\M\P\sx4000;Drivers\M\P\sx6000;Drivers\M\P\ulsata;Drivers\M\P\ultra;Drivers\M\Q;Drivers\M\Q\12160;Drivers\M\S;Drivers\M\S\3112;Drivers\M\S\3112r;Drivers\M\S\3114;Drivers\M\S\3114r;Drivers\M\S\3124;Drivers\M\S\3124r;Drivers\M\S\649r;Drivers\M\S\680;Drivers\M\S\680r;Drivers\M\SI;Drivers\M\SI\eide;Drivers\M\SI\raid;Drivers\M\SI\raid2;Drivers\M\V;Drivers\M\V\eide;Drivers\M\V\raid;Drivers\L\3C\1;Drivers\L\3C\2;Drivers\L\3C\3;Drivers\L\BR\1;Drivers\L\BR\2;Drivers\L\BU\1;Drivers\L\BU\2;Drivers\L\BU\3;Drivers\L\D\1;Drivers\L\D\2;Drivers\L\D\3;Drivers\L\D\4;Drivers\L\D\5;Drivers\L\D\5;Drivers\L\D\6;Drivers\L\D\7;Drivers\L\I;Drivers\L\L\1;Drivers\L\L\2;Drivers\L\L\3;Drivers\L\L\4;Drivers\L\LI\1;Drivers\L\LI\2;Drivers\L\LI\3;Drivers\L\LI\4;Drivers\L\LI\5;Drivers\L\LI\6;Drivers\L\LI\7;Drivers\L\M;Drivers\L\N\1;Drivers\L\N\1;Drivers\L\N\2;Drivers\L\N\3;Drivers\L\N\4;Drivers\L\N\5;Drivers\L\N\6;Drivers\L\N\7;Drivers\L\NV;Drivers\L\O\1;Drivers\L\O\2;Drivers\L\O\3;Drivers\L\O\4;Drivers\L\O\5;Drivers\L\O\6;Drivers\L\O\7;Drivers\L\O\8;Drivers\L\R\1;Drivers\L\R\2;Drivers\L\S;Drivers\L\T;Drivers\L\V\1;Drivers\L\V\2;Drivers\L\V\3;Drivers\L\V\4;Drivers\L\V\5;Drivers\L\V\6;Drivers\S\A;Drivers\S\C;Drivers\S\CR;Drivers\S\CR\LS\Win2K_XP;Drivers\S\N;Drivers\S\R;Drivers\S\R\HD;Drivers\S\S;Drivers\SM\A;Drivers\SM\I;Drivers\S\T\A;Drivers\S\T\D;Drivers\S\V"
Hibernation = No

[SystemFileProtection]
SFCQuota = 0

[GuiUnattended]
EncryptedAdminPassword = No
AdminPassword = "PASS"
AutoLogon = Yes
TimeZone = 110
OEMSkipRegional = 1
OemSkipWelcome = 1

[Shell]
DefaultThemesOff = Yes
DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

[UserData]
ProductKey = "SERIAL"
ComputerName = "TUX"
FullName = "Jamie Wolf"
OrgName = "---"

[RegionalSettings]
Language = 0407

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup = LINUX

This is a peak in my winnt.sif

BTW I used the Driver Pack by Bas**** with the 1st Method.

it looks like your using an outdated version of nLite.

Also why not try out Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks with Method 2, its very easy to use (i think easier) , and will save you much space over the Winnt.sif method.

I really reccomend it, give method 2 a shot.

Okay, after I messed up my System, I'll give Method 2 a shot and hope that it works.

My main Problem always was/is that the MassStorage Drivers don't load at boot up. And I donno why ... :(

Are you sure you've properly patched your txtsetup.sif?

Also, I assume you aren't using winnt32.exe to intiate setup? If yes, then you'd also have to edit your dosnet.inf file!

Nope, I don't use the winnt32 Method.

I boot with the CD and I also checked the txtsetup.sif and all lines were added properly!

But there is just one thingy thing.

I have a VIA Sata Raid Controller,p nothing wierd about that, but the drivers which U use are called: viamraid.sys

Mine are called viasraid.sys

I have attached my drivers, so U can have a look

Drivers

Hello, I had the same problem when I was at this point of my DVD project, as I also have a Via Raid Setup on my MSI K8T-Neo-FIS2R.

I had to add 3 files to the C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\M\V\raid folder, they are;

viasraid.cat

VIASRAID.INF

viasraid.sys

After adding the above files it works great, no more having to press F6 & use a floppy disk

Hope this tip helps everyone else :thumbup