Office2k3, no errors

LW1

Hello, I have tried different ways to get Office2k3 to install in my Unattended dvd but its not working so far, I followed the guide @ http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/office2003_advanced.htm & used the batch command, but still no luck. As it's installing I can see the progress & no error messages.

The following are the commands I've tried;

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

ECHO.

I have also tried this one;

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\PROI11N.MSI TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

ECHO.

The main files in my Office2k3 folder are; SETUP.EXE, PROI11N.MSI and Unattended.MST (along with the rest from the cd)

Also, is there a way to add "My Network Places" to the start menu list, a way to show "hidden files and folder" in the folder\options\view for all folders & a way to show the "status bar" in all folders.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

No one has any suggestions on how to fix this? And I thought the Moto here was;

"MSFN.org Where people go to KNOW"

I have noticed that over 30 people have looked at my post, yet no one has offered any help or suggestions.

I did it as explained here.

As install command, I use this:

prog[pn]=['Microsoft Office 2003']
desc[pn]=['Installs Microsoft Office 2003 Professional. <i>Recommended</i>']
cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Applications\\Developpement\\Office2003\\PRO11.msi /qb']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Developpement']
pn++

That's a code from my wpi, in your case, it would be:

ECHO.
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\PRO.MSI /qb
ECHO.

But there's is the weird part (I think): you haven't got the same files as me, but maybe that's because you might have a different version from mine.

As what concerns your other questions, I would suggest to take a look to the registry tweaks topic, and do a search for for example 'show hidden files' in that topic

And hey, not EVERYONE has got all the answers... ;)

Hello, I have tried different ways to get Office2k3 to install in my Unattended dvd but its not working so far, I followed the guide @ http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/office2003_advanced.htm & used the batch command, but still no luck. As it's installing I can see the progress & no error messages.

The following are the commands I've tried;

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

ECHO.

I have also tried this one;

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\PROI11N.MSI TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

ECHO.

The main files in my Office2k3 folder are; SETUP.EXE, PROI11N.MSI and Unattended.MST (along with the rest from the cd)

Also, is there a way to add "My Network Places" to the start menu list,  a way to  show "hidden files and folder" in the folder\options\view for all folders & a way to show the "status bar" in all folders.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

LW1,

Try suppling the path to the MST file.

Here is my command line:

%CDROM%\Apps\OFFICEENT2K3\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=%CDROM%\Apps\OFFICEENT2K3\Unattended.MST /qb-

Change your line to this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\Unattended.MST /qb-

There is no need to specify full path to transform. I use:

"%CDRom%\install\Office2003SP1\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS="Custom.MST" /qb-

At GUIRunOnce and it's never failed once. The double quotes should not be needed in your case, but it can't hurt to add them... If not then it's got to be a typo or an issue with your office disc or your transforms...

Well I used the example "phaeton" gave at the end of his post & it works flawlessly. Thank you.

Now if only I can figure out some of these registry tweaks I'll be set....

Thanks again Guys :thumbup