Windows 2000 sp4 problem

n2it

I made a Windows 2000 unattended cd and it has sp4 integrated into it.... The install works great, but I have a problem with Internet Explorer.... Here is what happens. When I go and do the critical updates, IE 6.1 is the first thing that installs, after the reboot I get and explorer.exe error and it reboots. Once it reboots, the computer(s) install IE6 and I can do all the other critical updates... If you open up IE and goto "Help" and "About Interner Explorer" it shows the IE 5 logo and gives me an error and I cannot type in text on any searchbar such as google..... Now, I made an unattended Windows 2000 w/sp2 cd and when you do the critical updates, it wants to install IE 6.1 BEFORE sp/4... If I do this method, everything works fine without any errors and it shows the Internet Explorer 6 logo under "About Internet Explorer".

So my question is this, is there a way to create an unattended Windows 200 cd w/sp4 that already has IE 6.1 installed and will not give errors...?

I imagine that I could use a Windows 2000 w/sp4 cd and make it unattended, but I would have to go out and buy it...! lol

:lol:

Thanks,

Matt

I posted a suggestion for you in the Unattended section of this forum. Please try to refrain from cross posting your inquiries as it may be missed by someone who might have the answer you are looking for.